twenty-eight: heart-ache

Start from the beginning

I assumed she belonged to a more richer clan because of what she was wearing.

But I've never seen anyone like her, if she belonged to an important clan then why would she go out looking like a mess? I didn't understand it at all.

To make things even weirder, a snake slithered out of her sleeve and it sat in the palm of her hands, she was smiling slightly and leaned forward and her nose touched the snakes snout.

I squinted my eyes and accidentally took a step forward, a branch cracked underneath my foot and in a flash she looked up.

We were looking directly at each other, her eyes were piercing into my skull and her snake locked its eyes onto me.

I got weirded out and ran away as fast as I could.

I looked behind me and luckily she wasn't chasing after me, I thought that she was gonna kill me for a second.

After a moment of thought, I decided not to go to my safe space and just head home.

From that encounter, I felt more safer at home than anywhere else.

____

I was laying in my bed, my arms and legs sprawled out.

I hated to admitted it but I was kind of scared of her.

Mostly because I've never seen her anywhere and her eyes, I was pulled to them but at the same time I wanted to get away.

Whenever I look at my window I think that I can see her big red eyes looking back at me, "Who is she?" I whispered out loud.

But eventually, I was able to go to sleep.

It was the next day. I couldn't get her out of my mind. There was something about her, and I still couldn't put my thumb on it. It wasn't just her eyes I couldn't forget about, it was everything.

I wanted to know who she is.

I was walking through the village, I was gonna go to that place where I saw her for the first time and check to see if she was there again. I wanna ask where she's from.

"Hello- no, no that's not good. Hi my name is—not that either. Should I sound more intimidating? My name is Neji Hyuga, who are you?" I was thinking of all the ways to confront her but none of them felt right.

I was lost in thought but I saw red.

I turned around it was her again. I couldn't believe it was her, I never stopped thinking about her from the last time I saw her but I didn't expect to see her again anytime soon.

The girl didn't notice me as I was walking up to her, she was way prettier up close, it made me nervous so I stopped walking and just waited to see what she was gonna do next.

I really wanted to talk to her but it was like my body didn't want me to move.

She was holding three apples in her hand, the girl started to walk away until she dropped one. I watched it roll to my feet slowly.

For a second it felt like the world stopped and it was only me and her left. She looked at me and tilted her head slightly.

Snapping back into reality, I immediately picked it up and walked up to her, "H-Here you go." I stuttered, and handed the apple to her. I realized how dumb I sounded and groaned out of embarrassment.