1.31 𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖬𝖯𝖨𝖮𝖭𝖲𝖧𝖨𝖯𝖲

Start from the beginning

"What the hell is he talking about?" Susan looks to Stiles who just sighs.

"He does this every year."

"Wait seriously?"

"Yeah..." He trails off and turns his attention back to Coach.

"We are fighting for our right to live!" Coach says dramatically and someone cheers from the team.

"Wait- is this?"

"The speech from Independence Day? Yes," Stiles turns to Susan again who nods, still confused.

"But, as the day the world declared in one voice--"

"It's Coach's favorite movie," Stiles said, an awkward smile on his face, and Olive's mom just nods.

"We will not go quietly into the night!" Olly nodded with furrowed eyebrows next to him, patting his shoulder.

"He doesn't know any sports speeches?" Her mother asks Stiles and he just shakes his head.

"I don't think he cares."

"Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!" The entire team cheers as Coach finishes his speech and Olive grins widely clapping toward him.

"Well spoken, Coach. I might have chosen something with a little more historical value, but there's no denying your passion," Gerard pushes past him to stand next to Olive, who looks up at him with a clenched jaw. "And, while I haven't been here long, there's no denying my pride in having a winning team for this school. I know you'll all be brilliant tonight, even with only one co-captain leading you. Now, I'm your principal, but I'm also a fan... So, don't think I'll be content to watch you merely beat this team. Get out there and murder them."

He directs the last part toward Olive who narrows her eyes, glaring at him. He just gives her a polite smile before turning and leaving. Olive snaps out of her anger-fueled trance and turns to the team, happy to be back.

"Alright, you heard the man! Asses on the field let's go!"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Hey, Brown, now that you're here," He taps her on the shoulder and she looks at him as he practically shoves a playbook in her face. "What do you think of putting Stilinski in here instead of Greenburg?"

"Stiles?" Her eyes widen and Coach nods.

"He is the only Stilinski on the team, right?" Coach seems genuinely confused for a second before shaking it off. "Go deliver the news."

Olive grins, getting up and moving to the other bench where Scott and Stiles are sitting. She bends down in between their heads and taps them on their shoulders causing them to jump, turning around.

"Stilinski, how would you like to play in the championship game?" Olive asked, brows furrowed and head tilted upward.

"I mean I would like to- but- wait-"

"You're in."

"I'm in? Me in? I'm playing, with the team?" Olive nods, grinning.

"I mean unless you'd rather play with yourself-"

"No, I already did that today," Olive's face scrunches up as she shakes her head.

"I did not need to know that, get on the fucking field," She waves him off, taking his place next to Scott on the bench.

"How do you feel about this?" He turns to her and she shrugs.

"My fingers are crossed," She says, staring out onto the field and Scott nods, both of them sharing equally worried expressions and watching the field.