Chapter Twelve - Comfort and Cruelty

Third POV

TW: alcoholism, verbal abuse (?), mentions of death, manipulation

DISCLAIMER: no I am not shipping William and Henry in this, I do not ship them. I don't have a problem if you do, but I want to make it clear that I am not shipping them in this since it may seem that way.

There Henry was, at his best friends door ready to comfort him. He had brought some of Williams favorite foods and rented some VHS tapes for them to watch. He waited for William to answer the door after he rang the doorbell.

Henry and William were a pretty odd duo, one was positive and caring while the other would laugh at kids that would fall and had a very short temper. Other wondered how Henry had ever ended up becoming friends with William, let alone making a restaurant chain with him.

"Henry? What are you doing here?" William looked down at the shorter man as he opened the door, confused as to why he was there.

"Just coming to check on you, it seems like you've been having a tough time recently." Henry smiled softly then handed the food over to William, "so I got your favorites, and movies to watch. I know you don't like to talk about you're feelings but I'm here if you need me."

William stared blankly for a moment, then realized he was supposed to be acting upset over his wife's death and his son's being "missing"

"Oh uh," William gave a small smile and put up a sad expression, "thank you, it's been so hard with Laura being gone now and still no sign of my sons...why don't you come in? It's cold out."

He stepped to the side, letting Henry walk in. Closing the door, he turned to face Henry, "what movies did you bring?"

The two sat on the couch as Henry showed William the movies and William are the food Henry and brought. It was nice for a few minutes, until Henry had asked, "so, how are you doing? With all of this happening I'd imagine you'd be pretty upset."

The only thing William was upset about was losing his pawns, Micheal and Evan. He wanted to use them to assist him in more murders, mostly Micheal since he had already been a bully at school and is able to hurt someone in the way he needed. But no, Micheal ran away with Evan and pissed William off. Not only were his pawns gone, but now he had to act like he cared about them all the time.

William looked away to get himself to cry, "I miss them so much," he sobbed with his fake tears.

If only Henry knew how horrible his friend really was, maybe then he wouldn't be there putting himself in danger by being around the unstable man.

"Oh Will, I know how you feel," Henry spoke in comforting tone, his expression going from worried to sad as he remembered his daughter.

When Charlie had died, well when William had killed her, Henry was absolutely torn apart. William on the other hand had faked being upset over her death, even acting like he had found her dead instead. It was smart, nobody had suspected him as he tried to bring back to life while fully knowing she was already dead.

"When I lost Charlie," Henry looked down at the floor, "well you were there...I felt so horrible, thinking about what I could have done to keep her from her fate every single day. All I wanted was for her to come back, and I still want that.."

If William had any empathy maybe he would have felt bad, but he didn't. He never regretted that night he killed Charlie, since it had brought him to find out about remnant. That of course led to the five missing children cases he had caused.

"I just hope my sons aren't dead," William put his head in his hands, letting more tears fall as he sobbed to really show how terribly distraught he was.

That was true though, he really didn't want Micheal or Evan to be dead. Not because he was worried though, no, William wanted to kill Micheal himself and wanted to make it as painful as possible for the teen.

"I'm sure they're safe, Will," Henry placed his hand on Williams shoulder, "how about we open a beer and watch some of these movies?" He suggested with a soft smile.

William looked over to Henry and wiped away the tears he forced out, "that sounds nice, I'll start the movie."

As he put a movie into the VHS player, Henry walked to the kitchen to get a couple of bottles of beer for them. He noticed the reddish tint from Laura's blood that stained the floor and frowned, feeling bad that William had to find her like that even though William had been the one to plunge the knife into her.

Henry sighed and got the bottles then walked back to William. They sat back on the couch as they began to drink and watch whatever William had put on. Neither spoke for about half of the movie, but once William was drunk his anger and hate had began to show more.

"Fuckin' stupid Micheal leaving like that," William grumbled, slouching and glaring at the TV.

Henry stared, slightly shocked, "Will, it's not his fault, we don't know what happened to him. I'm sure both him and Evan will be back soon."

William scoffed, rolling his eyes, "look I'm not gonna hope for things come up all peachy like you do, I'm not a fucking idiot."

Of course Henry got upset at how William spoke, but he told himself it was just because of what has happened. He sighed, "William come on, stop,"

"What?" William let out a laugh as his speech became more slurred and his accent got more prominent.

He took another long drink from his bottle to finish it off before speaking again, "I'm going through what you did, but you don't see me blabbering like a baby like you when Charlie died then hoping for her to come back."

Henry stood up and glared down at the drunken British man, "I know you're grieving but you don't have to be such a dick."

The blonde sighed and turned to leave, "you know what, I should go. I'll call in the morning to check on you again."

Before he could even take one step away, William stood up, "what, so you're just gonna fucking leave me?!"

He's just drunk. Henry thought to himself, taking a deep breath silently regretting his past action of getting beer for them. "William-"

"Why are you leaving me? Are you gonna go missing like Evan did? Gonna die like Laura did?" Though he was drunk, William still knew exactly how to guilt Henry into feeling bad for him.

"I'm going to come back, Will, but I can't be around you right now."

"William, I can't be around you right now."

"Shut the fuck up, Henry." William got up, glaring down at the shorter man. His height had always gave him an advantage when it came to intimidation.

Henry stepped back and looked away, "goodbye William." He walked out the door while William began to break his things out of anger.

Henry drove back home, still worried about William despite the way he was treated.

Meanwhile William decided to go back to his office, watching Micheal and Evan through the Golden Freddy plush's eyes again. But this only pissed him off more, hating how he couldn't find them.

"Goddammit Micheal."

A/N: yet another filler chapter- I didn't feel like reading through for mistakes so if there's anything wrong with it I'm sorry and sorry that it's kinda messy and all over the place-