Who Is She?

- FLASHBACK -

I felt a shiver running down my spine as I closed my left eye to focus on the shiny red dot on the almost empty wine bottle.

I know I won't be able to hit the target this time, too; I will disappoint him again.
I didn't realise I was shaking when suddenly I felt a warm arm brushing against my waist, slightly twisting my shoulders to correct my posture.

"Just imagine the face you hate the most, love." He who?

I-I don't think I can do this.

            You know what
          happens when you
        don't listen to me

You don't get to order me.

     Wanna say that again?

What do you m—?

Suddenly I felt blackness sweeping in front of my eyes. I could only hear Enzo asking me constantly if I was okay. Suppose I was listening to him.

       **********

"Caterina? Are you even listening to me?" His voice was echoing in my head. Finally, I could see everything.

I nodded as I immediately came back in position. I'm not just a voice in your head; I am you. You made me when you needed me the most. You can't undo me.

*Shattering*

Suddenly I heard a sharp noise as the glass pieces flew everywhere, indicating my shot was perfect. I turned around to see a massive grin on Enzo's face.

I made him proud.

"That's exactly what you need to end him."
I walk towards him as he puts his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to his chest.

"You never told me why you want to kill your blood."

His smile dropped the moment I asked him the question. But I need to know what I'm dealing with. I've learned in the past few months that these Mafia men can't be trusted. They always approach you with a superior motive which they would never let anyone know. That's what Enzo's doing—hiding his true intentions for what know? Five months?

"I need to know what I'm dealing with." He drops his hands around me and sighs. I continued to look into his steely eyes, not wanting to let go without getting answers this time.

"He took something from me, which I can never have even if I deal with the devil himself."

"Something? Or someone ?" I raised my eyebrows, trying to be as persistent as I could.

Suddenly a smirk appeared on his face as he looked down at me.
"You are a smart woman, aren't you?"

"So tell me, who is she?"

   -END OF FLASHBACK -

My legs were giving up, but I kept running even though I could feel my breathing heavily against my chest. The blood on my hands scared me to death.