You Thought Wrong

I immediately turned around to look at Niccolò, standing tall with his gaze fixed on Alessandro.

"What do you mean 'take this woman'? Aren't you supposed to discuss it with me first ?" I yelled.

He scowled down at me, making me regret raising my voice at him.

"Are you forgetting who owns your body now, Caterina?"

"But—"

"Should I consider this a deal ?"
Niccolò roared, making me flinch in surprise.

"Not before you show me how my little stripper looks without those on." He said, pointing towards my clothes.
Niccolò held my waist lightly and looked me into my eyes for a moment before answering.
"Why not ?"

"Okay young lady, come on, strip." He said, casually taking me by surprise. What does he mean by strip? That too in front of this crowd?
My eyes widened. I looked at Niccolò. He raised his eyes, insisting I strip.

"I am not doing that," I whispered.

Suddenly Niccolò gripped me along the wall and unbuttoned my shirt forcibly.
"Niccolò, please don't —"

He held to be by my collar and looked into my eyes angrily.
"If you utter one more word, Caterina, I will kill every person you cherish."
He gritted his teeth and continued to unbutton my shirt.

"Geez, she's so flat."

"How is she going to attract men here ?"

I could hear them talking about my body while I looked at Niccolò with teary eyes. He didn't even once look at me and continued to undo my jeans. He pulled down my jeans making me gasp at his sudden actions. I could feel my cheeks getting heated up.
Niccolò stood away from me like he was displaying an art piece; I was so embarrassed and heartbroken. How can he do this to me?

"She does have a nice ass, Sandro; keep her." Said the blonde older woman who lit Alessandro's cigarette earlier.
Alessandro gripped my chin lightly, tilting my face in every direction as he looked over my body. I felt so fucking humiliated. I wanted to hide far away from their gazes.

"Does she knows how to dance?"

"She does", Niccolò replied. At that moment, I wasn't surprised; of course, he knew everything about me. Maybe I was the stupid one who couldn't recognise his filthy intentions.

"I will get the papers ready; bring my stripper tomorrow." He said as he jerked my face to one side.

After the meeting with Alessandro, he dragged me outside into the car. When we reached the car, I removed his grip from my arm and slapped him across the face. I was furious and didn't realise what the outcomes could be.
He turned his head back at me slowly with an intimidating look; his eyes had this weird psychotic look, making me fear the outcome of my stupid actions. Even though I was terrified, I stood tall before him.

"Why are you doing this to me ?" I shouted.

"You were the one who told me you didn't want to live there." He said, wiping the blood from his lips with the tip of his thumb.

"But—"

"No more ifs and buts, Caterina; I will get you back after seven months, a month  before the day I kill you."
My heart clenched as more tears dropped down my cheeks.

"I am such a fool to think you are holding me in your arms to sleep, playing the piano for me in the night, bringing me flowers, taking me to restaurants meant something —"

"It didn't mean anything to me, Caterina, nothing. You were just a toy to me, and now I am getting rid of you; I don't want to play with you anymore."

I held his collar and pulled him against the car.

"I-I loved you, Niccolò DeVille; even after the horrible things you did to me, I thought I could change you."

He removed my grip from his shirt and tightened his hands around mine. His face was inches away from me.

"You're the angel held captive in hell who is naïve enough to fall for the demon." 

I stood there for a moment, not knowing how to react, looking into his eyes, but all I could see where the same cold, steely eyes from the day I met him for the first time. I was too naive to fall for the kind of man society had always warned me about. Suddenly he held my arm and pushed me into the car.

The journey was a deafening silence. It was late at night. I looked outside the window, wondering how my life had taken turns in the past few weeks. Held hostage, abused, assaulted, blackmailed, sold, then probably killed? Just like my parents. I wish life were different. I wish I had parents to take care of me and love me. I wish things were other. I wish ...

_______

I was in a mansion owned by Niccolò, where I was supposed to live for the next seven months. Niccolò left early in the morning and asked Luigi to drive me there. The house was surrounded by his men, who, according to Luigi, we're here to ' make sure I don't run away.

After about an hour of useless dirty talking, he finally revealed the essential things. That is:

I need to pay the rent of this place and handle my expenses through the money I earn from stripping.  A car will be here to take me and drop me at the club every evening at 7 pm and bring me back at around 2 AM. The house was stocked with all the necessities, which will be restocked Every Sunday. So basically, this is another gilded prison made for me by The Great Niccolò DeVille.

I looked around to see cameras installed in every corner of the mansion. So they are going to monitor my daily life now? But I knew I couldn't do anything about that.

"I would have fucked you again if there were cameras around." Luigi chuckled.

I rolled my eyes.

"We can have a little bit of fun in the bathroom; I can tell them I was showing you the water pressure."

You wish.

I narrowed my eyes at him in frustration. But at least this asshole won't be able to blackmail me anymore.

A/N

All men do is tell lies 💁‍♀️

Next chapter is the beginning of phase 2 of this book ;)