1.28 𝖯𝖠𝖱𝖠𝖫𝖸𝖹𝖤𝖣

Start from the beginning

"Snippy today, is it the full moon? Hard to keep your anchor in check when he isn't here? Or is this about your parents?" Olive glares at him and pretty much everyone in the room growls. "Too far?"

"Okay, I'll move on. Derek, it must kind of suck, though, to have all that power taken away from you with just a little cut to the back of the neck. I bet you're not used to feeling this helpless," He pouted and Derek sneered.

"Still got some teeth. Why don't you get down here a little closer, huh? We'll see how helpless I am."

"Yeah, bitch!" Stiles wheezed and Matt laughed at him, suddenly there was a car that pulled into the driveway and everyone stopped.

"Is that her?" Matt turned to Scott who just shook his head. "Do what I tell you to, and I won't hurt her. I won't even let Jackson near her."

"Scott, don't trust him!" Stiles says weakly as Jackson moves toward them, rolling Stiles off Derek and he lands with a groan.

"You, take these three in there," Matt points to Jackson, who moves to Olive, picking her up and taking her into another room. "You, with me."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Matt takes Scott into the entranceway as Jackson drags Derek and Stiles in by their collars, laying them next to Olive. Suddenly, a gunshot sounds through the station and you hear Scott's mom scream from the other room.

After locking Scott's mom in the prison cells, Matt takes Scott to the main area, where he explains how airhead jocks and Isaac's jackass dad almost let him drown and made him shut up about it, which is terrible and probably why he's so fucked up, but not grounds to kill (or stalk) people. He then goes on about the bestiary, wanting to know if Scott has it. He then reveals that the Kanima scales are spreading to him and he doesn't know why.

"Do you know what's happening to him?" Olive asks Derek just above a whisper.

"No, but I know that book isn't going to help either, we barely know anything about the Kanima, it's a legend. You can't just break the rules, not like this."

"What does that mean?" Stiles asks weakly from beside him.

"The universe always balances things out."

"So it's because he's been using Jackson to kill people who aren't murderers?" Stiles asks and Derek hums.

"So, if Matt breaks the rules of the Kanima, he becomes the Kanima?" Olive says and Derek hums again.

"Balance."

"Is he gonna believe him if we tell him that?" Olive asks and Derke sighs.

"Not likely," Derek replies grimly, and Stiles groans.

"He's gonna kill us all when he gets that book isn't he?"

"Yep."

"All right, so what do we do? Do we just-do we just sit here and wait to die?" Stiles asks panic in his voice, and Derek sighs.

"Not if I can find a way to push it out of my system, trigger the healing process," Derek thinks for a moment and then begins shoving his claws into his leg. "Olly, your claws."

Olive nods, doing the same thing, shoving her claws into her legs. She inhales sharply and tries to dig them as deep as she can with her limited arm mobility.

"What are you two doing?" Stiles looks down to see them both shoving their claws in their legs. "Oh, ew gross."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After a while of pain, both from their claws and listening to Matt whine like a child, Olive begins to feel some movement in her feet.

"So, is that hypothetical situation we talked about getting any less hypothetical?" Stiles asked and Derek sighed.

"Maybe, I can feel my toes," Olive exhales and Stiles rolls his eyes.

"Olly, I can move my toes," Stiles deadpanned and Olive pouted.

Suddenly there was a lot of gunfire coming from the other room, Scott comes rushing in and Derek begins to move his hands.

"Scott, take him, we can heal," Derek began to sit up slightly and Olive did the same.

"Hey, some of us better than others-" Olive started but Derek glared at her and she stopped talking.

Olive and Derek moved together through the police station, carefully avoiding any Argent, both of them for separate reasons. Derek because they wanted him dead and Olive because she was supposed to be. There was screaming coming from the cells and Derek and Olive rushed in, only to be met with Matt and Jackson, who was now fully reptilian. They both sighed, claws coming out and fully transforming, leaping toward Jackson and Matt. They put up a good fight but end up getting knocked on their asses, Scott enters, also fully transformed, and joins the fight. The three of them fight them long enough to get them to run away and Derek takes Olive and runs out with her, hiding behind a wall as they heard Gerard in the hallway.

"What are you doing here? It wasn't supposed to happen like this!" Scott shouts and Olive shoots a confused glance toward Derek.

"Trust me, I'm aware of that. Was that the Brown's daughter I saw?" Scott shakes his head.

"That's not important, I've done everything that you've asked of me. I'm part of Derek's pack, I've given you all the information that you wanted, I told you Matt was controlling Jackson..."

"Then leave him to us. Help your friends. Leave Matt and Jackson to me. Deal with your mother," He looks at Scott with fake concern, and Scott nods but still doesn't move. "Go!"

Scott snaps out of his thoughts and runs back to his mom and Derek grabs Olive's arm and drags her out of sight and behind a desk, covering her mouth so no one could hear her completely freaking out, before Gerard rounds the corner, moving in the opposite direction of them. Derek lets out a relieved sigh and stands up, extending his arm to Olive who stands as well and the two sneak out of the station, careful not to be seen, and return to the pack close to sunrise.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───