1.23 𝖢𝖮𝖬𝖯𝖫𝖨𝖢𝖠𝖳𝖤𝖣

Start from the beginning

"Um, are you leaving or-"

"Yes, I have to go," She stutters out, gesturing to her car and he nods.

"Can you still drop me off?" He asked and Olive closed her eyes, realizing that she'd driven him here.

"Yes, I can, just give me a sec," She smiled at him and walked back over to the group.

"I have to drive Matt home," She sighs and Isaac rolls his eyes. "Allison, who's driving your car if you're riding with them?"

"Uh, who else has their license?" She turns to everyone and Isaac raises his hand. "Isaac is."

Olive chuckled as she tossed him her keys and he caught them, looking over at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"You just trust anybody to drive your car?" He asked her and she shrugged.

"I don't exactly have any other options."

"Okay, um, Isaac take Erica with you and I'll meet you guys at Deaton's," Everyone nods and they all go their separate ways.

"Wait, Olly!" Isaac shouts after her.

"What's up?"

"Derek's starting to wake up already, so we're probably still gonna have that meeting later," He nodded as he spoke and Olive smiled.

"Is that all?" She questioned, slightly confused as to why he didn't just text her.

"Yeah, uh, drive safe."

"You too," She grins as she turns and gets into her car, pulling out of the parking lot.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Once Olive pulls up to Matt's house he doesn't get out right away. She turns to him, giving him a small smile and he sighs.

"So that was kind of a bum date, right?" He laughs slightly and turns to her.

"Um. Yeah, I'm sorry, family stuff-"

"No, I'm not blaming you or anything, I'm actually trying to ask you out again. On a do-over?" He smiles and Olive's eyes widened.

"Oh, um-"

"You hate the idea."

"No, it's just, I-" Olive pauses to collect her thoughts and sighs. "I'm sorry."

"No, you're fine, I get it. Can I ask you something though?" She nods and he continues. "What's going on between you and Isaac? Like, are two-"

"You know, I don't know. That's a complicated question with an even more complicated answer," She sighs, tapping the steering wheel and he nods.

"I'm okay with complicated," She looks over at him and exhales through her nose. "Well, I'm gonna go. I'll see you at practice next week?"

"Yeah, see you there," He nods and gets out of the car, hurrying up to his door. "Oh, Matt you forgot your-" She looks up to see no one there and sighs. "Camera."

Olive picks up his bag and his camera falls out onto her seat. She picks it up and flips through the photos, seeing great lacrosse candids, and pictures from the games and practices. Then the photos switch to pictures of Allison, they started out fine at first, with candids of her at games or in class. Then they changed, to pictures of her in her room, pictures she definitely didn't know he was taking. She continues flipping through until she hears a knock on her window.

Olive jumps turning to the window, seeing Matt knocking, an eery smile on his face. He tries to open the door but they're locked. He shakes his head, his smile growing and he looks her in the eyes and mouths "open the window." Olive nods and rolls it down slightly.

"Hey! I forgot my camera, but it looks like you knew that already."

"Yeah, I uh- there are some great pictures on here," She exhales and puts his camera back in his bag hesitantly. "I like the lacrosse ones but I think I'm a bit biased."

"Yeah," He pulls the bag through the window but he doesn't move, he just stands there staring at her. "I've got some good ones of Allison on there too, don't ya think?"

"Oh, I saw a few, but I didn't scroll that far," She doesn't make eye contact, she keeps her gaze focused on the wheel.

"You can see some of the others if you'd like. I mean, this- this tiny little screen doesn't really do it justice. But, uh, I could show you some on my computer," Olive turned to him wide-eyed.

"Oh, I would totally like that, but maybe another night, it's getting late."

"It's the weekend."

"I know, but I- you know," Olive stutters out, trying to form a sentence.

"And, it's spring break. I mean, you don't have anything going on tomorrow... do you?" Olive shook her head slightly and sighed.

"I'm gonna go, I have to be somewhere, people are expecting me."

"You sure?"

"I'm sure," She said tensely and Matt nodded, backing away from her window.

As soon as he was back on the sidewalk, Olive pulled away, speeding off of his street and out of his neighborhood. She pulled up to the warehouse and sighed, resting her head against her steering wheel and processing what just happened. Soon she heard another knock on her window, she jumped, this time looking up and seeing Isaac this time. Her entire body relaxed and she sighed, getting out of the car and hugging him.

Isaac furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head slightly, wrapping his arms around her. He could practically feel her heart beating from inside her chest.

"Hey, are you okay?" He pulled away, holding onto her shoulders and looking into her eyes. She sighed and nodded.

"Yeah, Matt's just a creep," Isaac's face contorted but Olive shook her head.

"I'll tell you later, let's go in."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───