"I'll be okay, I usually ..." He caught himself, "I mean, I'm wearing comfortable clothes that I could sleep in."

She smiled as she left the room saying, "Dad and I will eat downstairs, let us know if you need anything."

Jungkook cringed at Maddy then whispered, "That was close! I almost told her I usually sleep here in my clothes!"

"Good catch." Maddy just shook her head, "I can't believe she just said that. I feel like I'm in an alternate reality story. That was seriously the weirdest thing that has ever happened."

Jungkook laughed, "I know, right? I had a hard time keeping a straight face when they asked me. After sneaking around for weeks and thinking we were caught earlier this week, now they want it." Jungkook shook his head, "Well, I'm not complaining."

They finished their food, Jungkook asked Maddy how she was feeling. "I'm actually starting to feel sore. I might need some medicine and an ice pack." 

"I'll be right back." He carried down the tray of dishes and told Maddy's mom she was feeling pain. 

Her mom came right up with her medicine and a cup of juice and an ice pack. "I think you need to sleep for a bit." Maddy nodded and yawned. "Jungkook, let me know if she needs anything, okay?" Jungkook confirmed he would take care of her as Maddy's mom left to go back downstairs.

"Do you want me to turn on a movie or something?" Jungkook asked.

Maddy was a fan of romantic comedies. "Can we watch Thirteen Going on Thirty?" 

"Sure." Jungkook grabbed her laptop and pulled up Netflix. Then he climbed into bed next to Maddy. "I can't believe we get to cuddle with the door open, it feels weird." Maddy agreed. She turned on her side and Jungkook was the big spoon. He put the laptop on the bed in front of Maddy so they could both see the movie. He was careful not to put pressure on her abdomen as he cuddled her. Instead of wrapping his arm around her torso, he laid it down her side and rested his hand on her thigh. His fingers rubbed circle and gentle squeezes on the outside of her upper thigh.

The doctor had been right. Maddy felt herself relax at his touch. She felt Jungkook's breath in her hair, his chest against her back, his hand on her leg. He dropped a kiss onto her head and she felt loved and cared for. She could have laid like this forever. Only a few minutes into the movie Maddy was asleep in his arms. 

Except for the hospital, Jungkook had hardly held Maddy all week. It felt so right to have her here next to him like this. He felt her rest her weight onto his chest and he pressed a kiss onto her temple. Even though she was sleeping, he decided to watch the rest of the movie since she liked it. With six older brothers, he hadn't really watched movies like this much. Jimin called them 'chick flicks'. He and his brothers mostly watched action, comedy, or horror movies but he enjoyed her movie more than he would have thought.

Part way through the movie, Jungkook got a text from Tae asking how Maddy's surgery went and if she was feeling up for a visitor. Jungkook texted back that she was doing good but she was sleeping so maybe tomorrow he could visit. He also asked Tae to tell Jin that he was sleeping at Maddy's tonight and tomorrow, even though he had never informed Jin any of the previous times he'd done it.

After the movie was over, Jungkook carefully put the laptop on the floor and fell asleep snuggling on Maddy. She slept well in Jungkook's arms. Only waking once in the middle of the night, needing her medication. Maddy's parents checked in on them several times during the night. It felt weird to see their daughter cuddling Jungkook as she slept in her bed, but they also thought it was kind of sweet that Jungkook cared for their daughter so much.

In the morning, Maddy's mom came to check on Maddy. She reached over and felt Maddy's head to be sure she didn't have a fever. Jungkook's eyes opened and he saw Maddy's mom there. She put her finger to her lips to indicate she didn't want to wake Maddy but then motioned at him with her finger for him to follow her downstairs.