Chapter 14 Reason To Be

Start from the beginning

Diamond: We both know I didn't mean physically.

Zeny: . . .

The mother sat down beside her.

Diamond: Sweetie, I'm not saying you should just block your emotions. And it's okay to get frustrated, but if you let that frustration control you, you'll just make mistakes. Instead, use that frustration to push yourself further. . .

Zeny let the lesson sink in. Use emotions, but don't let them overwhelm you.

Zeny: *whispers* Easier said than done.

She yawned and leaned into her mother, shutting her eyes as the sun rose further. They watched the sun rise together, letting only the sounds of nature fill their ears for some time.

Diamond: . . . Have you figured it out yet?

Zeny: What?

Diamond: The type of Hero you want to become. . .?

Zeny: Oh. . . Um. I-. . .

The silence returned for a moment.

Diamond: It's okay. *smiles* You still have another two school years to figure it out.

———————————————————————

Sacred Grounds

Zeny: Hey, Izuku.

The girl and her best friend were at the clearing within the forests near Aldera, their old stomping grounds.

Izuku: Hm?

He was writing in his Hero Journal, though a bit sloppily due to a few of his fingers still being bandaged up.

Zeny: . . . What kind of Hero do you want to be?

Izuku: A Hero like All Might.

His quick answer was surprising.

Zeny: Huh?

Izuku: *smiles* A Hero who saves the day with a smile and tells everyone, "It's Okay."

Zeny: I know that! I meant. . . I. . . *sighs* I don't even know what I meant.

Izuku: . . . You're smart, Zeny. I'm sure you'll find out what kind of Hero you want to be in no time.

———————————————————————

School was out for a few days due to the USJ Invasion, but it wasn't going to keep U.A. out of the game for long.

Class 1-B

The students of the Hero Course were worried for their sensei. Vlad King was still recovering from his nearly life threatening injuries, his torso and abdomen heavily bandaged. Yet, he powered through. . .

Itsuka: Eh. . . Kan-sensei, is it okay for you to be up and around?

Kan: I'm fine. If we Heroes took breaks for every time we got injured out in the field, there'd barely be any of us on the streets right now.