1.18 𝖥𝖠𝖬𝖨𝖫𝖸

Start from the beginning

"It's okay, honey, I believe you. Sit, the tables set and this is done," He said, bringing a plate of food around and setting it in the middle of the table. Olive turned to Stiles who gestured to the table and led the way, once again.

"Why are you freaking out," Stiles whispered, knowing she could hear him.

"Not a big sleepover person," Olive mumbled as she passed him, taking a seat at the table. Stiles nodded, following her and sitting across from her. They began eating, Stiles and his dad making small conversation.

"So, Olive, Stiles said you're having a rough time?" Stillinski looked at her and Stiles rolled his eyes.

"You're just jumping right in, aren't you?" Stiles said, dropping his fork and Olive smiled slightly.

"It's fine," Olive spoke up and turned to Stillinski. "Yeah, um, I kind of pissed off my parents, like bad. They kicked me out last night."

"Why wouldn't you just go stay with Derek, isn't he your cousin?" Stiles literally did a spit take and Olive shook her head slightly at him.

"Yes, but um, he doesn't have room," She exhaled through her nose and Stiles furrowed his eyebrows.

"Well, you are welcome here anytime, we'll make up the guest room for you later, but for now I have to get to work. Stiles, you have orange juice dripping down your chin," Stilinski says, standing up and Olive giggles slightly as Stiles shoots her a look.

"Thanks, dad!" He calls after him as the Sheriff shuts the door and pulls away. "I gotta get to school, you coming?"

Olive looked up at him, shifting in her seat. Stiles just nodded and gave her a small smile.

"Well, there is plenty of food in the fridge and if you need anything throughout the day just text me and I'll come home," She nodded, returning his smile and he grabbed his bag, leaving.  

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Olive gripped the steering wheel as she tried her best to focus on driving. She had to see Derek and tell him what happened. She pulled into the warehouse, mentally preparing to be faced with its residents until she was pulled out of her thoughts by rapping on her window. She turned to see Derek.

"Isaac's not here if that's what you're waiting on," He said as she rolled down her window. She nodded and got out of the car.

"What happened last night? He came back and broke like 4 punching bags, I thought I was gonna have to chain him down," Derek asked and Olive sighed.

"I found out about my parents, not from him," Derek's eyes shot up and Olive nodded. "I said some things that he and I should probably have a follow-up conversation about too, but that's not why I'm here. I need to talk to you."

"Yeah sure," He patted the floor next to him and she sat, rubbing her hands on her jeans before continuing.

"My parents," She paused, closing her eyes, "My parents helped set the fire that killed your family."

Derek turned to her, his eyes wide and she looked up at him with teary eyes.

"Derek I'm so sorry, I don't even- I can't imagine-" She was stopped by Derek pulling her into a hug. She was thrown off guard and furrowed her eyebrows, hugging him back.

"Why did you do that, shouldn't I be like, shunned or something?" She asks as they pull away. Derek laughed slightly and shook his head.

"Olly it wasn't your fault, you didn't even know, I couldn't blame you for that," She let out a relieved sigh. Derek's face contorted and he looked at her. "How did you know?"

"Um. They know about me too. Last night before I was gonna go to bed they injected me with wolfsbane and tied me to a chair and told me I had to leave or die, basically," She tried her best to laugh through it. Derek stiffened, jaw clenched as he shook his head.

"Well you're obviously staying here, what did you do, sleep in your car last night?" He looked down at her and she shook her head.

"No, no I'm fine I stayed with Stiles."

"Stiles?" He looked at her confused and she nodded.

"Yeah, he said I can stay with him, I um, I don't wanna stay here with Isaac here too," Derek nodded, looking away.

"I understand," He turned to face her, "but he's been beating himself up about it all night. Whatever you said, maybe you should have that follow-up conversation sooner rather than later, yeah?"

He nudged her shoulder and she laughed slightly and shrugged.

"I don't know, Derek. I need time," She looked to the floor and Derek wrapped an arm around her, bringing her in for a side hug.

"I know what it feels like when someone you love betrays you," He sighs and Olive rests her head against his shoulder.

"Yeah, it sucks."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───