𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 , illuminated

Start from the beginning

Chris ignored his niece's question, keeping his focus on the wolf. "Isaac, come on." For a man who had been prepared to kill him just a few minutes ago, he seemed just as worried for him as the two girls did, maybe he didn't know Isaac as well as Kinsey and Allison did, but in the limited interactions he had with the wolf, he knew that this wasn't like him. He was stronger than this, both mentally and physically. "Isaac, listen. You have to turn."

Similar to how Kinsey had been while standing in his office, her eyes wandering around the room while he lectured her and Allison, Isaac wasn't able to listen to his words either, he was too flustered and overwhelmed by whatever had made him like this. Something as simple as any of their voices wasn't going to give him what he needed. He needed more of a push than Kinsey had needed to release that scream from inside of her, the one that was on the tip of her tongue, Isaac's was further inside. Chris knew that. Which was why he didn't hesitate to dig it out of the wolf. He raised his hand, slapping it against the boy's cheek as Kinsey and Allison quickly moved back, perplexed by what had just happened, how Chris had gone from being calming and gentle to hitting the wolf. As the man yelled at Isaac to turn his slaps turned into punches, maybe part of him was taking his anger out on the wolf just as much as he was helping him. 

Kinsey and Allison wanted to tell him to stop, that maybe he was being a little too harsh on Isaac as he lay there helpless, but before either of them managed to string together a sentence he had sat up, his eyes glowing a bright yellow as he looked between the three of them with a low growl warning Chris to move back slightly. Isaac scrambled across the floor, pressing his back against the foot of Kinsey's bed as he looked at three worried faces. Once his eyes had softened back to their human blue tears had begun to swell in them. He was no longer too shaken up to subside what had happened to him, what he had seen, it was all clear, too clear maybe.

"Did you see them?" He asked in a frightened whisper.

"Who?" Kinsey asked softly.

"There were five of them," Isaac muttered, a tear rolling down his cheek. "They wore black. I couldn't... I couldn't see their faces. They were covered." He stammered, unable to talk clearly as he relieved what he would now deem as just one of the worst things he'd ever experienced. 

"What do you mean? Like masks?" Allison asked.

"One of them... I could see his eyes. They were greenish-yellow. Like a... Like a firefly." Isaac tried his best to explain, trying to compare them to something so the three Argents had a visual image in their minds, allowing them to comprehend just how scary the sight was.

Chris stood up from in front of the wolf, walking towards his niece's closed bedroom window, her window, like every other window and point of access in the apartment, was alarmed and electrified to stop things like this from happening, from unwanted people from being able to walk in at free will. It was just one of the adjustments the man had made after finding out the aftermath that his niece could expect after her sacrifice, how things that even the Argent bestiary hadn't heard of could find their way to Beacon Hills, and maybe to her too. None of them could understand how the five hooded figures that he talked about had gotten into the apartment without triggering the security system like it almost had been when Isaac was electrocuted by trying to climb in through that very window. The only way for them to find out was by asking the overwhelmed wolf even more questions, but the answer he provided them hadn't helped either of the teenage girls to understand what was going on, if anything, they were more confused. 

"It was like they came out of the shadows."

Allison and Kinsey had noticed how Chris's head had sharply turned towards Isaac, as though it had sprung a thought in his mind as if there was something familiar about five hooded figures who appeared from the darkness of the shadows.