25.

Daniel

I waited impatiently for Dr. Helms to check on her after laying her trembling form down on the bed in one of the guest rooms and increasing the temperature a tad bit more to help warmup her frigid figure while Brandon invites Dr. Helms inside the room and and he steps out.

"Took you long enough to get here," I sneered when he rushed over towards her to examine her vitals, accompanied by the nurse.

"I apologize, Mr. Venttali. The roads are risky to drive on fast due to the severe weather," he sought to explain, however I shut him off in such a dismissive tone as the doctor immediately trembled in fear. "Shut up and instead just tell me what the hell is wrong with her?" I said.

"Y-yes sir. She wasn't in great condition the last time I visited." "She had hypothermia," he says as he uses the thermometer to check her temperature and lightly places his index and middle fingers on one of her wrists on the opposite wrist, just below the base of the thumb to check her heart rate.

"Meaning?" I questioned him with my brows furrowed.

"Hyperthermia is abnormal body temperature," he explains as he returns the medical instruments to the nurse and turns to face me.

"Her body lost most of its heat faster than it could produce due to her prolonged exposure to the frigid winter temperature during the blizzard. This can harm the brain, causing the person to lose their ability to think coherently, move, or even pass out." "That was why she passed out again," he exclaimed, "because she went out in the cold weather anyway while her body hadn't totally healed from the previous time and mostly the injuries from the accident."

I paid close attention to every word he said, making sure I didn't miss anything. I returned my gaze to her sleeping figure, the pale and blue skin of her body obvious as she shuddered.

"Though it isn't too serious, no medication is required for her," he advised as I turned to face him again. "However, I would advise having her warm at all times for the next day and making sure to monitor her breathing because she did show symptoms of no apparent signs of pulse or breathing the very first time I examined her."

"Just making sure to keep her warm until her body can return back to its original temperature," he explained until I ordered him to stay at the estate for the time being till she recovered and dismissed him from the room.

As I approached her, I brushed a lock of hair from her forehead with my fingers across her chilly and delicate cheekbones, feeling her body tremble in cold once more, jolting me out of my trance until I observed those hand imprints on her face.

immediately images of the day she got married resurfaced through my eyes, reminding me of the bastard that she was bound to.

I quickly held my hand back from her face, recalling everything from the past before I stepped back to examine her untidy appearance. That's when I spotted her soaked and stained clothing. I dashed to the door, ordering Brandon to send over a couple staff maids in.

"Daniel, you must leave; the guests have requested your presence." As I assent and proceed to direct the maids, he continues, "They'll handle everything here, and I'll make sure to send Franco to monitor the area."

"Change her clothing; they're filthy."I ordered them and reminded them to call me as soon as she woke up, and I walked out the door, Brandon trailing behind. I need to cancel all of the tasks and get back to her as soon as possible.

I'm not sure how she got into this mess, but I'll have to figure this out soon and track down whomever is to blame. I'll have to ask Mateo as well; answers are what I'm looking for! I increased my speed as I approached the ballroom.