19.

Chapter 19

Zara

The ride back to his house was alright because of his calm facade. Although his quiet impression was weird to me at first as I thought he'd lash out at me the second he's alone with me for not leaving with him that day.

But to my surprise he didn't say anything and just drove silently, focused on driving. I don't know why but my gut feeling was that this isn't right and maybe this is probably the silence for the storm.

I mean his mood changes in like seconds, just like a ticking bomb. One second he'd be calm and quiet then the next he'd be pissed off shouting and swearing.

This dude got some serious anger issues I thought to myself. He first needs a doctor more for himself before he can cure others I joked internally.

Soon we reached our destination and without a glance he got out of the car heading inside. I grabbed my bag, walking up the steps as Maria aunty greeted me with a smile.

"Darling you'r back. Did you enjoy your stay?" She asked me to give her a hug. I nodded my head saying "yes."

"Do you want me to prepare your dinner now or after a short while?" She asked to take my bag in her hands but I grabbed it back not wanting her to carry it up the stairs.

"It's okay I can take it and thanks that would be nice. I'll just go and freshen up for dinner then, I have an early morning class too" I explained.

As I walked up the stairs to my room but stopped midway glancing back at Haider's room door left ajar. I can hear him arguing on the phone with someone.

I took small steps towards his door, trying to hear what he was saying but then decided against it; not wanting to get caught.

I turned back towards my room again, finishing my business in the bathroom and changing into more comfortable clothes.

When I came back into my room from the bathroom I heard my phone ring. I quickly went up to check who it was.

Not sure who's number that was so I decided on declining the call and throwing my phone back on my bed. I had gotten a call from that same number yesterday as well but I declined because I didn't know who it was.

I was about to grab my janamaz (prayer rug) to recite my isha prayer but halted when my phone ranged again.

This time I decided on picking up the call to see who it was as it was kind of getting annoying now. So I picked up the call.

"Hello" I said annoyingly.

"Hello?" I asked again but no reply. What the hell if you're not going to speak then why waste my time then I thought.

I was about to hang up but stopped as I heard a little noise on the other end.

"Hello? .....Zee?" Answered Kate on the other end. Oh my god finally she called.

"Kate! Oh my god, you finally decided to call" I asked sarcastically but felt a sense of relief hearing her voice after so long.

"Yeah sorry girl. I kinda got caught up with a lot of stuff" she said.

"Oh, okay. So, how are you and how is everything with your family going? ....wait.... Why are you calling me from a different number?" I asked confusedly but she immediately dodged those questions.

"Zee I don't have much time to say anything. Once I'm back I'll explain everything but I called to inform you that I'll be flying to England tomorrow and I don't know when I'll be back" she said in one breath.