Chapter 10: Mysterious Rumbling

It was Wednesday morning, and all the students of Hogwarts were gradually waking up one by one. Serenity was the first of the gang, ready for the day. She quickly put on her robes and slid her wand in her pocket. She then shook Lila awake.

"Wake up! Wake up! Rise and shine, sleepyhead!"

Lila turned around in her bed. "Ugh, is it really morning..." she moaned.

"Yes, indeed it is! Now... wake up!" she slapped Lila across the arm.

"Sheesh! Okay, okay, I'm up!" Lila got up from her bed and got dressed. Serenity and Lila exited the Gryffindor common room, heading towards the Great Hall for breakfast. More Gryffindors joined them at their table.

Back at Ravenclaw Tower, Evelyn had just woken up and was getting her things ready. She got out of her dormitory, into the common room. Back at the boys' dormitory, Ricky was yelling for Wyatt and Gabe to get up.

"COME ON! IT'S A NEW DAY, MATES!" he bellowed.

"Shut up Ricky," Wyatt groaned.

"Can't I have some more time with Fweddy the Teddy, Wicky?" asked Gabe sleepily.

"No," he shot back.

After a few more excruciating seconds of Ricky's bellows, the boys all left their dormitory and met Evelyn in the common room. "Good morning," she said to them.

"Mornin'," Ricky replied.

"Off to the library again, I presume?" Gabe inquired.

"You've got that right!" Evelyn picked up a book from the couch and slid it into her bag.

"Okay, well I am going to get some breakfast," Wyatt said, starting towards the door.

"Same. Can't wait to see what they've got today!" And with that, Ricky was off to the Great Hall with Wyatt.

Gabe started to follow the other boys but paused. "Y'know, you should get some too. Stop feeding your brain so much and feed your stomach," Gabe called back to Evelyn.

"I know, I know. I'll go once I find a book on Potions." Evelyn then went to the Library and went to the Potions section. She saw Elise, looking as depressed as ever. She had bags under her eyes and her ropes were wrinkled and drooped down to the floor. Evelyn waved at her, offering a smile, but Elise barely glanced at her and walked away. Well, that was interesting... Evelyn thought. Once she had gotten the book she was looking for, she joined the boys at the Ravenclaw table at the Great Hall.

Alana woke up in her dormitory and slid out of bed. She strolled into the common room and met up with Amara who was stuffing books into her bag.

"We have most classes with the Gryffindors today, right?" Alana asked Amara, joining her at the fireplace.

Amara didn't even have to look down at the schedule she had in her hand. "Yep. Same as all the other Wednesdays, Alana. How many times are you going to ask?"

"As many as I can. Doesn't hurt to make sure, now does it?"

Amara sighed. "Whatever, let's go eat something."

The girls left the common room and went to the Great Hall. The rest of the Slytherins departed from their dormitories and common room and met at their table.

Alexandro, the Hufflepuff, meanwhile, was at the library. He was looking at books about werewolves. He pulled out a rather large one when a first-year Hufflepuff friend of his took his arm and dragged him out of the library.

"Pardon?!" Alexandro exclaimed.

"TIME TO EAT, NOT TO READ!" his friend bellowed, his eyes wide with excitement. Alexandro facepalmed but didn't argue. They walked into the Great Hall and found seats at the Hufflepuff table.