Chapter 8: The Library

Evelyn and Elise were in the library again, looking for new books that they hadn't read already. In the past week, they had already read almost half of the Hogwarts school library. They set a huge pile of books they were carrying onto a creaking, worn-out, old table.

"I can't believe we missed this many books when we were searching!" said Elise exasperatedly.

"Let's cut to the chase and start reading!" said Evelyn, peering up and down at the stack of books, leaning dangerously close towards her. Taking one book at a time, they started reading. A tall boy with green eyes and dark hair with a perm style walked over and watched them read. So involved with their books, Evelyn and Elise continued to read, unaware that a boy was staring at them. The boy cleared his throat to get their attention. "What are you doing with this many books? I swear that table is going to break soon," the boy said, glancing between Evelyn and Elise, then at the table.

"We were just reading before you decided to interrupt," Elise said indignantly, looking up from behind her book.

"Is it a new law to not be allowed to read this many books?" added Evelyn raising an eyebrow.

The boy stared and said nothing.

"Well, anyway, we'd better practice the Levitation Charm more," Evelyn said briskly.

They went back to reading with a finalizing tone. The boy walked off without another word.

The next day, Elise and Evelyn went to the library again. They brought a lot of books with them too, which was a bit ironic considering the library was full of books.