Chapter 6: The Drama Begins

Once class was over, Alana ran back downstairs to get back to the Slytherin common room. She gave the wall the password and walked in.

Inside the common room, she found out Amara had already started her homework.

"Wingardium Leviosa! Wingardium Leviosa! WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA!" Still nothing. Amara began to think that maybe she wasn't fit for the wizarding world.

Meanwhile, as Ricky was walking up the stairs from charms, Evelyn and Elise suddenly charged past him, making Ricky fall into one of the trick stairs. "Aw c'mon!" he shouted as they rushed up. A fellow Ravenclaw named Sam helped him up again and said, "Remember the stairs man!" and continued running up the stairs.

Back in the Slytherin Common Room, Alana walked over to where Amara was, set down her bag in an armchair, and started pulling out her homework, parchment, quills, and ink bottles. She laid everything down in front of her, on the table in neat columns. The fire inside the fireplace teetered dangerously close towards her homework, its flames whipping wildly, hitting the sides of the stone bricks that contained it.

When Ricky finally got to the Ravenclaw Common Room, he plopped down into a chair next to a fireplace and called for his mom, but Evelyn and Elise grabbed his arms and yanked him back up, nearly dislocating his arms.

"WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL!" Ricky shouted. "You pushed me into a trick stair, and now you dislocated my arm?"

Elise said plainly, "We have homework y'know."

"Better start now. If you have time left over, then study," added Evelyn.

Ricky grumbled about this being their first day and how they should relax a bit, but Evelyn and Elise turned a blind ear and pulled him to the table. They practiced the levitation charm, but Ricky ended up withering all their flowers.

Suddenly, a huge billowing sound came in the direction of The Great Hall. The noise averted everyone's attention towards the ceiling. (The Slytherin common room was under the lake so most of the time, a sound came up from there.)

Voices of startled students rose as Amara from the Slytherin Common Room got up from her spot and walked over to the entrance. Ricky rushed back down the stairs of Ravenclaw Tower before Evelyn could pull him back into the common room. He jumped down the entire stairway and ran to the Great Hall, where the commotion seemed to be.

Alana followed Amara toward The Great Hall where the headmaster and a few other students stood, keeping a far enough distance where they weren't in harm's way but could still see a devil-like creature, positioned in the middle of the Great Hall. Students crowded around it, wands held out in front of them, fearfully peering over the heads and shoulders of prefects and other students.

"Well well well well... What do we have here?" Ricky asked, walking into the room.

"Venti." Amara responded, "Probably trying to stop the prophecy."

"That's ridiculous!" he exclaimed, "prophecies can't be stopped!"

"Well, they're too blind to see that!" Amara said. Just then Harry Potter, as well as around 400 students came in.

"Silence!" Harry shouted. "I will figure out this situation. All of you go back to your common rooms! Prefects, escort the first years." Soon enough, the Great Hall only held Harry, Ricky, the venti, Amara, and a few students who dared to stay.

At that very moment, Serenity had been in the Gryffindor common room, catching up on her homework. She quickly got up and dashed toward the headmaster's booming voice.