Chapter 3: The Hogwarts Express

(3rd Person POV)

A few days passed and everyone was now getting ready to go to London again. They were all packing up their things and were going to arrive soon. Except for Alana, who was a bit late since she slept in.

When they all finally got to what was supposed to be Platform 9 ¾, they bumped into each other. Ricky was with Amara, and Evelyn, Serenity, Elise, and Alana were with their families.

As Serenity was going to attempt to go through the wall, Ricky suddenly bumped into her and made them both fall back. "Oh, seriously! Ouch!", said Serenity, as she was trying to pick up her things so the muggles didn't start looking at her awkwardly.

"Oops- Didn't see ya there... Or did I...", Ricky smirked.

"Oh honestly, Ricky! Haven't you ever heard of the phrase, 'Ladies first'?" said Amara, as she was annoyed by Ricky's way of acting.

Serenity rolled her eyes. She was annoyed too.

"Anyway... I'm Serenity, I think we saw each other at Diagon Alley but we didn't talk... you are?".

"I'm Ricky, and this is Amara if you remember her," he said, as he gestured towards Amara.

"Oh! Serenity, nice to see you again!," Amara said as she helped Serenity up.

At that moment, Evelyn came with her cart, wondering what the commotion was. "Umm... Are you guys ok?", she asked, as she looked at Serenity and Ricky picking up their stuff that fell when they ran into each other.

"Yeah, I'm fine," said Ricky.

"Me too, only I think my outfit got a bit dirty- Ugh...," said Serenity.

"Oh, hi Amara!," smiled Evelyn as she saw Amara.

"Hello Evelyn!," she said, as they hugged. Then Alana and Elise arrived and said hello to them.

"So... Are we gonna pass through this wall, or what?" asked Ricky.

"Yeah, as soon as the muggles aren't looking..." answered Elise. Amara and Alana had started a conversation, as they waited impatiently.

Then once the muggles were out of sight, they said goodbye to their families, and all went through the wall one by one. This time, Serenity and Ricky did not go right after each other, just in case.

"Oh, that felt a bit weird, yet nice!" said Evelyn.

"Yeah," the others chorused.

"Nevermind the feeling," said Alana. "Look at that!"

When they all got through the wall, a vast cloud of billowing smoke erupted from a weathered scarlet steam train. In bright gold, letters said the words Hogwarts Express. The conductor inhaled a huge breath and shouted

"ALLLLLLL ABOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRD!" Everyone clambered onto the train and they found seats close to each other.

"So..., is anybody hungry?" said Ricky. Elise, Alana, and Serenity sighed, "Ricky, we just got on the train!"

"So? I told you, I'm always hungry." They laughed and then Evelyn and Elise started reading the books they brought while the others tried not to smile. Of course, Elise and Evelyn would bring books. They all tried to start a conversation except Elise and Evelyn, who were so lost in the book that when the others tried calling them, they wouldn't look up or make any sort of signal that they heard them. It was only until the food cart came rolling, that they looked up.

"Foooooooooooooooooood," Ricky groaned. "Oh yeah, wristband thing!" He looked down at his wrist. He said "Chips" and a bag of Doritos popped out. He opened the bag of Doritos and started devouring them like crazy, spreading crumbs everywhere, even on Evelyn and Elise's books.