Chapter 9: Halloween

Weeks passed and the gossip about the venti fight subsided. But with it rose the news about Halloween. Everyone was very excited, especially for the Halloween Feast in the Great Hall. Students bustled around, going here and there. Conversations erupted in the corridors about what type of drama they thought would happen at the feast.

"That's not going to happen!" snapped Elise at a fellow first-year who thought a chimera would appear in the middle of the feast. "These conspiracies are getting more and more insane!"

"Well, you never know. I mean, if that venti thing showed up once out of nowhere, it could happen again," said Serenity.

The rest of the group rolled their eyes. They continued to walk down the corridor. They walked to the Great Hall and peered in. Inside, teachers had their wands out. Candles floated on small clouds and orange and black streamers hung from the ceiling. They walked in, looking up at the decorations in awe.

"Shouldn't you six be in your common rooms?" asked Professor Farker pompously, walking up to them.

"We just wanted to go for a walk... that's all," said Alana, trying for a fake grin.

"That's all huh? If that's all I expect you to be done with your homework." The six stared at the ground. "Out you go!" Farker gestured towards the entrance. Slightly annoyed, the six walked into the courtyard.

"Well, he's just a huge rat's turd," said Ricky kicking a pebble out of the way.

"He just wants our homework in!" said Elise.

Ricky added, "And his pay job."

"Look on the bright side, we still have the Halloween Feast to look forward to!" said Amara, walking in between them. Serenity did a little dance of joy.

"What she said," spoke Elise.

"Will you guys stop bickering for once?" interrupted Serenity.

Evelyn looked up from a book she was holding and looked straight at Elise and Ricky with furrowed eyebrows. "Yeah, I'm trying to read about past Halloween events of Hogwarts in peace over here, and I have had to read the same sentence over and over again for the past five minutes thanks to you two shouting at each other like babies squabbling over a teddy bear!"

"Well, he's being annoying!" Elise put her hands on her hips and faced Ricky.

Ricky muttered, "F*** off."

The group gasped.

"OH MY GOSH RICKY WHAT?! NO CURSING!" Evelyn shrieked, throwing down her book as she stood up.

Ricky ignored Evelyn and continued at Elise "Are books that important to you? Why do you care so much? Is it your life?"

"Yes, yes it is my life in fact," Elise countered. "I especially looove reading books about Voldemort as a kid! He's so dreamy..." She trailed off.

"EXCUUUUSE ME?" Amara said, disgusted. "Isn't he the mad man that dedicated his life to hunting down Harry Potter?

Elise, realizing she said too much, said, "Well, I'm hungry now, let's get some food."

As she was walking away, a piece of parchment fell out of her robes. Alana went to pick it up for her and turned it over for a peek at what it was.

Her jaw fell open, forming a wide 'O'. "I- OH MY GOD ELISE! Why the bloody hell do you have a picture of You-know-who?" Alana lifted her head slowly to look at Elise. The piece of paper fell out of her hands.

Elise flushed furiously. "HEY! GIVE IT BACK!" she shrieked and lunged forward to retrieve the fallen piece of parchment.

"Ooooooooh, I'm telling the Headmaster!" Serenity chided.