16. I Can't Believe You Don't Know

August

Sophie's P.O.V

"Sophie Lophie Loodle..." his voice whispered beautifully in my ear as I felt his soft lips brush against my forehead, making my stomach tingle.

"Wake up, Soph," he tried again when I made no attempt to open my eyes.

"No," I frowned, desperate for more sleep. Ever since we'd been signed, I was pretty much in a constant state of wanting more sleep. And then I realised that Niall was still here...

My eyes shot open and met his gaze; I tried to ignore the butterflies in my stomach that congregated every time I looked at him.

"What are you still doing here?" I whispered, my voice thick with sleep.

Niall frowned, "Huh?"

"You're here... it's the morning..." I tried to explain - but it was the morning, my head wasn't working properly.

Niall laughed quietly at my reaction, making my cheeks blush. "We fell asleep when we were watching the movie," he explained.

"Oh," I nodded and sat up, realising I was in the same clothes I'd been wearing yesterday. I glanced at Niall, who had somehow managed to sleep in his boxers. I focused my gaze back on his eyes, not wanting to get distracted. It was very difficult.

"How did you manage to sleep like that when I'm in my clothes?" I asked.

Niall laughed again, "Okay, I'll rephrase: you fell asleep while we were watching the film." He leaned in closer to me so that our lips almost touched. He was taunting me.

"And what did you do?" I whispered, trying to keep my breathing steady.

He pressed his lips lightly against mine, lingering for a couple of seconds. When he pulled away I found myself wanting more, but I let him answer my question.

His eyes sparkled with mischief, "I listened."

"To what?" I quirked an eyebrow up.

Niall leant back against the headboard with his arms behind his head, "Did you know you talk in your sleep?"

"What?" I gasped; my hands flew up to cover my face in embarrassment while Niall chuckled away, until I realised that he was probably just pulling my leg. "You're joking, aren't you? You're just trying to annoy me."

Niall stopped laughing, "What? No, I promise I'm not kidding, you really do talk in your sleep."

I glared at him through my fingers, trying to decide whether he was being genuine. "I don't believe you."

Niall laughed at my response, gripping his fingers around mine and prising them away from my face, "Why not?"

"Because you're the first person that's ever said that!"

"Well how many other people have you slept with?"

I widened my eyes and shoved him away from me, "Niall!"

"Not like that, you know that's now what I meant," he grinned.

I frowned, "I'm sure the girls would've told me if I talk in my sleep."

"Really..." Niall raised his eyebrows, "Fine, let's go ask Alice right now."

He got up to leave the room but I jumped out of bed and pulled him back, "No, you can't leave right now or she'll know you stayed the night!"

"Embarrassed by me, Sophie?" he asked, a grin playing on his lips.

"No, of course not," I covered, and rushed to find an excuse, "I just don't fancy the teasing today."