7. The Way That You Flip Your Hair Gets Me Overwhelmed

March

Niall's P.O.V

Zayn and I traipsed through the airport, dragging our feet along the floor. It was four in the morning, so we had an excuse.

Management always made us get early flights to avoid crowds that would no doubt flock in if it were a normal hour of the day. We were used to it by now, but that didn't make the early morning any less difficult. Zayn and I planned on sleeping in our private lounge until our flight was called – Harry, Liam and Louis decided they'd rather cause trouble somewhere else.

"What time are we due to get into Paris?" Zayn mumbled, rubbing his eyes.

"Six, interview's at half seven," I replied, sitting down on a recliner and pulling my hoodie over my head to block out light and noise. No doubt Zayn was doing the same.

Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and start playing music really loudly, scaring the hell out of both Zayn and I. I frowned and reached for my phone, wondering who would be calling me at this hour. Turns out it wasn't a phone call, it was an alarm, which had the message 'Payback ;)' with it. No guesses who that was from.

"Who was it?" Zayn croaked when I'd turned it off.

I rolled my eyes, "No-one, it was an alarm."

"Sophie?" Zayn asked, knowing the answer.

"Who else," I mumbled, stifling a yawn.

I sighed and lay back down as I wrote a text to Sophie.

I hate you so much right now.

Within a minute, I had a reply. She'd totally been waiting for that text.

Now you know how it feels! Are we even now? Xx

Suppose so, until the next round ;) What's on your schedule today? Xx

Full album promo mode, and going out tonight for Alex's birthday :) xx

Sounds good, when's the album out again? xx

Haven't you pre-ordered yet?! I'm hurt! xx

Of course! But I can't remember the date xx

Kidding Niall. Out on Friday! You in Paris yet? xx

Nope, at the airport. Have a good day, tell Alex we all say happy birthday? xx

Thanks, you too :) Sure thing xx

I frowned when I realised our conversation was over and I probably wouldn't talk to her for a couple of days – I probably wouldn't see her again for at least another week. The last time I'd seen her was two weeks ago and I felt like I might have been missing her; I didn't know if that was it – missing someone was an unfamiliar feeling to me.

What I did know was that I wanted to see her again – but she was my friend, to want to see her is only natural. I want to see Alice again too. A part of me sometimes thought that there could be something there between Sophie and I, and that maybe the boys were getting at something. But then I'd push that thought to the back of my mind because Sophie and I had a great friendship and I wouldn't want anything to ruin that. I enjoyed her company too much to risk ruining that.

"Niall, come on!" I suddenly felt my sleeve being tugged so hard that I was pulled off of my seats and onto the floor.

I groaned, "What was that for?!"

Louis laughed, "You weren't answering me and you were gonna miss the flight."

I shook my head and jumped up, grabbing my carry-on and following him onto the plane.