Chapter 4

Benny called Avalon as soon as he found his phone. The phone went to voice mail. After calling 5 more times he gave up and sent her a text saying "Stay inside. Sorry for being ominous but you're in danger. Text me asap"

Benny peered through the blinds and Lei looked as well. The one with the rifle, he noticed, had no legs. "That's peculiar." he thought. But he noticed another thing. The one with the srabble face (As Lei called it) was no longer there. He heard loud, heavy footsteps ascending the stairs outside his apartment.

"Lei," he said " lift yourself back out of the, uh, massive hole you created in my ceiling. But carefully."

She looked at him worriedly but nodded. He saw the swift movement of her scarf as she leaped onto the fire escape and went down onto the streets.

The footsteps suddenly became louder and a tall, blonde man wearing a black cloak and spear burst in. He had scribbles that were constantly moving around his face. They were like glitches but black and, weird. He looked quickly towards Benny. "Hello. I'm sure you wouldn't mind answering a few questions." He voice was also unusual. It was muffled. "Uh, who are you?" Benny asked. He was so frightened he was scared that his vocal chords would fail him. "That's... not important. And classified I'm afraid. Sorry about this." The strange man said. Benny was about to ask what the man meant, but the world suddenly drifted away to blackness. He felt a small prick in his neck and he fell backwards with a painful thump. The last thing he heard before he blacked out was somebody saying...

"Surely you understand. Simply for interrogation"

He closed he eyes and let the dark consume him.

(Sorry again for such a short page!)