Chapter 1

Roxanne’s POV

I rolled out of my bed and got dressed for my last day of school. I was dropping out and moving to LA to pursue my dreams of being a singer. My foster parents didn’t care and I hadn’t told my real grandparents yet because they would be heartbroken. I’m only 15 but I have big dreams. I don’t want to be stuck here in this shitty ass town and with a family who hated me. I went outside with a hot thermos full of coffee and a bagel. I got on the bus and put in my headphones. I turned on Four Year Strong and drowned out the world around me. I walked into school and I was instantly shoved into my locker. I brushed it off and headed to Trigonometry class. I made it through English and French class and it felt nice that the day was almost over. I headed to gym glass and decided not to change because we were playing soccer. I sat up in the corner of the bleachers and put my headphones in. I hid the cords in my sweatshirt and used my hair to cover my ears. I got hit in the head with the soccer ball and flipped the guy off who aimed for my head. I got up and headed to lunch. I sat in the chorus room. “Hey, Mr. Legge. I just wanted to say it was nice knowing you this past year of high school.” I said “Where are you going, Roxanne?” he asked. “I’m moving out to LA to pursue my dreams of becoming a singer.” I said. “Can you sing me one last song?” he asked. “Of course, anything for my favorite teacher.” I said. I grabbed a guitar off the wall and sat down on his desk. I started strumming My Goodbye by Automatic Loveletter. I finished and he hugged me. “I’ll be rooting for you, Roxanne.” He said. “Thanks. I’ll send you a letter when I’m famous.” I said smiling. I spent the rest of lunch and study hall in the chorus room and then head to American Studies. Finally school was over my last day is done. I ran home and Grabbed all my shit. I caught a taxi to the airport and got on a plane and headed to LA. Once I landed I found a hotel room to stay in. I had plans on getting a job and singing on the streets.

Unknown POV

I can’t believe she is gone. I was finally going to ask her out but I heard her tell our music teacher that she was leaving. I loved her but I was too scared to ask her out. Now I’ve lost my chance. I picked up my phone and texted her saying I wish you said goodbye. She texted sorry. She was my only true friend. Everybody else just pretended to be my friend because I was the high school quarterback and team captain. I can’t believe she is gone. I can’t handle it.  I can’t live without her. I picked up my razor and cut one deep cut on both my wrists. I had blacked out and my soul left my body. I was dead. I was nothing without her and when she finally moved her I was finally happy. But now that she was gone I was done with life and I was finally dead like I had always wanted to be.

Roxanne’s POV

I woke up to my phone ringing. It was my grandmother. I picked it up. “Hi Grandma.” I said. “Sweetie, where are you?” she asked. “I’m in LA. I have decided to follow my dreams and be a singer.” I said. “Roxy, I don’t know how to tell you this but Zach is dead.” She said. My heart shattered. My one true best friend is dead. “I’m so sorry sweet heart but his mom is cremating him and wants you to have his ashes.” She said. “Really?” I asked. “Yes, sweetie.” She said. I gave her my address. I said goodbye and headed out to find a job. I put my headphones in and listened to some Black Veil Brides. I came up to the local mall and headed into Hot Topic. I applied for the job and they hired me right on the spot. I was so excited. I got my work schedule and headed to get some lunch. I was excited to start working tomorrow. I goofed around and started playing with some drums in Guitar World. I was having fun till I saw someone walking towards me. I got up and ran out of the store. “Wait I just want to know your name.” the guy said. I didn’t stop running. I ran straight back to the hotel. I laid down on the bed and relaxed. I had ran about thirty blocks.  I finally regained my strength and headed into the bathroom. I cut two small cuts on my right arm and went to bed.