Currents

Must have 10 comments and 20 votes for another chapter.

                    Lena's motorcycle flies down the wet street and into the parking lot of Beacon Hills Hospital after getting a text from Scott that Danny was in the hospital. Lena stops her motorcycle only a few feet from Scott and Ethan. She was off her bike and on Ethan in a matter of seconds, slamming her helmet into his face with a loud crack. Blood starts to spill from Ethan's now broken nose as Scott grabs Lena before she can hit him again, not caring if anyone saw her face. "Lena! Stop!" Scott yelled as she shoved him off her. "The minute that your pack got here, you went right for Danny, and your brother went for Lydia," she yelled, barely controlling her rage. "We're not gonna hurt him," Ethan said as he fixed his broken nose. Lena moves forward, now only inches from Ethan's face. "You better not because if either of you hurt Danny or Lydia, I swear to every deity out there that I will rip out your spine and use it to strangle your brother right before your eyes," she said in a cold tone, then walked back to her bike. Ethan's eyes were filled with fear knowing that Lena would keep her word and reminded him of Deucalion. All three teens notice as a car comes into the parking lot swerving back and forth then crashing into the back end of a parked car. All three teens run towards the car, but as Scott opens the door on the driver's side, they find the car completely empty. Scott's eyes land on something in the seat, "What is it?" Ethan asked as Scott lifted up what looked like a dead moth. A few minutes later, the hospital parking lot is filled with cops as Lena watches from a distance keeping her head low as she watches Scott talk with her father. Lena's heart ached when she saw her father, and she could tell he wasn't getting much sleep. Stiles had told her that part of their father had died along with Lena. Scott and Stiles walk over to Lena, "These are definitely sacrifices, right?" Scott asked. "Yeah, it's the one Deaton mentioned, Healers," Stiles explained. "What about Danny? He threw up mistletoe. That's not a coincidence, and if he hadn't been with Ethan, he probably would've died," Scott explained. "Danny's not a healer," Lena said as she folded her arms nervously. "I...," Stiles stopped mid-sentence as he noticed his father on the phone. "Can you both hear that?" Stiles asked as he pointed over at his father, causing Lena and Scott to look over at Noah. Scott looks at Lena then turns to Stiles, "They found a body," he explained.

                    The next morning Melissa wakes up in her bed after a hard night at the hospital. She groaned as she slowly sat up but suddenly gasped in surprise when she found her son passed out in the chair across from her bed along with Isaac snoring on the floor. "Really, boys?" She said with a sigh. "Boys!" She yelled, causing Scott and Isaac to jump up from their spots with a mix of surprise and confusion in their eyes. "What do you think you're doing?" Melissa asked. "Uh, we were watching over you," Isaac quickly explained. "We wanted to make sure you weren't the third sacrifice," Scott added. "But both of you were asleep," Melissa explained. "You were on watch last," Scott said, looking at Isaac. "What are you talking about? You were on watch last," Isaac explained. "No, you were on watch last," Scott said. "I might've been on watch last," Isaac admitted. "Oh, you definitely were, but lucky for you both, I can pull all-nighters," Lena said from the doorway as she walked in with a hot plate full of breakfast and a cup of coffee. "My hero," Melissa said with a smile as Lena handed her the coffee and plate. "I stepped out for a few seconds to make momma McCall some breakfast," Lena explained. "Wait, didn't you say that they were all doctors? I mean, I haven't had an M.D. Recently attached to the end of my name, so I think I'm in the clear," Melissa explained, then took a sip of her coffee and sighed in relief. "Yeah, but it could just come under any kind of healer, mom, and you were definitely a healer last night," Scott explained. "Yeah, well, I'm not gonna be anyone's human sacrifice today, so both of you get your butts to school. I'm sure Lena is capable of watching over me," Melissa explained. Hours pass as Lena watches over Melissa in the McCall household when she gets a call from Scott. Lena answered her phone, "Scott, don't worry, I'm not going to let anything happen to your mother," She explained. "They took Deaton," Scott said from the other end.

                    Lena was on full alert as she followed Melissa around the hospital as discreetly as she could. Lena wished that she could help with finding Deaton, but she understood that Melissa needed her protection. Lena quickly moves into an empty room as her father steps out of the hospital elevator. She listens closely to her father's conversation with Melissa, "Hey. It's Dr. Hilyard, isn't it?" Melissa asked as paramedics moved a dead body down the hall. "Yeah," Noah said in a sad tone as he walked down the hall. "Oh, God. Okay. Did she have ligature marks around her throat?" Melissa asked as she followed him. "No. How do you know about that?" Noah asked in surprise. "I need you to take a look at the other body with me. I think I know how they both died, and I think it's gonna help you find Scott's boss," she explained as Lena slowly followed them, keeping her face hidden with her hood. Lena stands down the hall from the morgue as she listens in on her father's conversation with Melissa, who pulls out a dead body. "The problem with no ligature marks around the neck is that both doctors were still asphyxiated, so the question is...," Melissa explained, but Noah interrupted her. "How did they suffocate if they weren't strangled?" he asked. "Right. Now, take a look at the wrist marks. What do they tell you?" she asked as she lifted up the wrist and showed it to him. "His hands were tied," he said as he looked at the rope marks on the wrists. "Not just tied. Look how deep they go. I don't think that's just from struggling to get out. I think he was suspended. Hanging like that means they would have to keep lifting their bodies up in order to breathe. Eventually, they would lose strength, and they wouldn't be able to lift themselves up. It's how people used to die from crucifixion," Melissa explained. "So you think Deaton is somewhere right now, hanging by his wrists?" Noah asked. "Yeah," Melissa said in a sad tone. "And when he no longer has the strength to pull himself up to catch a breath, how long before he dies?" Noah asked. "Minutes," she explained as Lena texts Stiles the information. That night Lena continued to walk around the hospital when pain shot through her body, causing her to fall onto her knees. Melissa rushes over, "Lena!" She called out in a worried tone as she kneeled before her. Lena looks up at Melissa with tears in her eyes as they glow a bright aqua color. Melissa quickly helps Lena to her feet and drags her into an empty room as Lena is overwhelmed by Boyd's death and the pain it brought to herself and her loved ones. Melissa held the teen as Lena cried like a broken child into her chest.

Please comment and vote 😁👍🏻