Magic Bullet

Lena's paws smack against the hard pavement as she runs through the streets, tracking the werewolf that bit her with Derek following her lead. With Derek's help, Lena could take wolf form without losing herself to her instincts, but she still couldn't take the same form as Derek or Scott. Derek said he wasn't surprised that the form they took would be difficult for her considering her kind of werewolf were closer to their animal side than the human part of them. But the good thing about Lena's breed was that they had an exceptionally heightened sense of smell, making them great trackers, and it also explained why she could smell Mr. Myer's wounds through the wall. Sadness feels Lena at the thought of Mr. Myer's death but also anger over Scott's actions against Derek even after she had told Scott that Derek couldn't have been the one to attack the older man. Lena had made her anger very clear by ignoring all of Scott's calls and giving him the cold shoulder whenever he came to her house. Lena shakes her head to clear her mind of thoughts as the scent of the Alpha grows stronger. Lena pushes her legs to move faster when she hears glass shatter and a woman's scream. As Lena grows closer to the sound of fighting, she hears the sound of a shotgun going off then the howl of the Alpha. Derek suddenly runs past Lena making her chase after him, not wanting to leave Derek alone just in case the Alpha decided to attack him.

               Soon Lena catches up to Derek, who was feeling some blood between his fingers that he had found on the ground. Lean moves to Derek's side but feels eyes on her and turns her head to look around when she sees the very beast that attacked her and Scott. The beast was on top of a building, watching them with his glowing red predatory eyes. This was making Lena growl at him, and it caught Derek's attention as he sees the Alpha climb further up the building and growl at them both before running across the building roof. Derek takes off after him, but all Lena could do was follow them from the ground since she couldn't climb up in her form, which frustrated her. Lena didn't know Derek like she did Stiles or Scott, but she still felt protective of the sour wolf. Lena watches Derek jump from building to building when a gunshot goes off, and Derek suddenly falls through the air. Lena runs in the direction of where she saw Derek fall preying that he was ok. Lena finds Derek on his back, trying to bring air back into his lungs, making him cough a bit. Lena whines and moves to his side, licking his face causing Derek to open his eyes and grip on the fur on Lena's back to help him sit up though he couldn't help but grunt in pain. Derek leans against Lena breathing heavily as he pulls up the sleeve on his left arm, revealing a bullet wound that was glowing blue as smoke seeps out of it.

                The next day at Beacon Hills High School, Lena runs down the hall trying to find Derek after he had slipped away from her when she was trying to text Stiles for help. She was surprised he could have gotten so far from her with how much pain he was in from the wolfsbane bullet in his arm. Lena turns a corner when she hears something hit some lockers and sees Derek pinning Jackson face-first into the lockers, "Derek!" Lena yells, making Derek look at her then pull his hand from Jackson's neck, revealing his claws now covered in some of Jackson's blood. Lena runs over and grabs Derek pulling him away from Jackson and down the hall as fast as possible. The end of school bell rings, and Lena struggles to get through a body of students as Derek walks ahead of her and right into the middle of the road causing Stiles to thrown on his breaks before running Derek over.

                     "Oh, My God," Stiles said in a panicked tone as Lena pushes through the students and over to Derek, who collapses.

                     "Derek!" Lena yells in a worried tone as she moves to his side while people behind Stiles honk their horns.