(45 Minute) First Meal

Soon after the twins had been properly looked over they were handed back to the waiting couple. Jo took Bettan while Lizzie took Adaline, Lizzie scooted over patting the space beside her. Jo gently moved to sit beside Lizzie. They looked at the kids before smiling at one another "Switch?"

"Please,"

They smiled widely quickly switching babies. Soon Jo found herself having a hard time deciding who to look at. Her babies or her wife. Lizzie's bright green eyes were becoming heavy. 

"Take a nap baby,"

"Hmm, no babies need me," Lizzie hummed exhausted,

"They won't need you any less if their superhero of a Mom took a quick power nap after bringing them into this world."

"Mhm," Lizzie hummed again, "Do you promise?"

"I do,"

"Just a quick nap,"

"Okay baby, just a quick nap,"

Lizzie woke up feeling refreshed she gently looked around the room before her eyes settled on the sweetest sight her eyes had ever seen. Jo had Bettan in her arms outstretched out in front of her. His little finger grasped onto her hair.

Lizzie could see Jo's eyes roaming every inch of him

Lizzie could see Jo's eyes roaming every inch of him. Jo had tears streaming down her face as she placed him in the crook of her legs being careful to un-swattle him without waking him. Jo's eyes took in every inch of her son, from the grown of his head to the ends of his fingers to the tips of his toes. Jo took every second to memorize her son. Lizzie lay there quiet as she could just enjoy the love pouring out of her wife. Jo gently wrapped Bettan back up placing him in the bassinet. Jo reached into the other bassinet bringing Adaline up into her arms before sitting back down. Jo did the same thing to Adaline, taking her time to examine and analyze every inch of her daughter. As Jo was re-swaddling Adaline she caught Lizzie's gaze. Jo turned to her wife with a teary smile she whispered, "They are the most beautiful things I have ever seen."

Lizzie smiled, "Yes you three are,"

Jo rolled her eyes, "How was your little nap?"

"Amazing but I want to just look at them,"

"I know that feeling,"

"How long was I out?"

"Not long, Only like 30 minutes."

The babies started winning just as Nic walked in "Ah perfect time!"

"Why do you say that?"

"It's time for you to try and breastfeed. Has your milk come in?"

"You mean the sudden rush of something and aching in my boobs whenever I hear one of them make any murmur of a cry?"

Nic laughed gently, "That sounds about right,"

"I'm going to help you get the babies into place and show Jo show she can help you,"

"Okay,"

Once the babies were situated Jo sat at the foot of the bed just watching her wife. She had this look of peace like she had never seen. "How does it feel,"

Lizzie looked up from where she was watching her babies suckle "Different, but a good different."

"You look good like that," Jo said lovingly,

"Like what? With my boobs out?"

"No- well yes," Jo was flustered, "As a mother,"

Lizzie gave Jo a look. That look that was a mix between all I want is to jump your bones and holy hell I've fallen so in love I can't even see the top of where I fell. Lizzie smirked, "You don't look so bad yourself Mama," 

"Thanks, babe,"

They just enjoyed one another's company before Lizzie looked up at her wife muttering saying something.

"What was that?" Jo asked tearing her eyes from the kids,

Lizzie laughed at her wife, "I was asking what you told our family?"

"Oh! I sent a text and a picture to a very select few and the ladies at our home along with your dad, siblings and Morgan are expecting a zoom call in an hour or two,"

"I'm surprised they are waiting that long,"

"They know not to test the wrath of a new Mama bear. and they all agree that we need some family time. Just the four of us,"

Lizzie's face erupted into a smile, "I like that. The four of us."

"I like that too!" Jo smiled,

The kids both detached from Lizzie. Jo held her hands out grabbing a towel dropping it over her shoulder. Lizzie handed Adaline to Jo as they both burped the babies. Lizzie erupted in laughter as Jo was struck with a spew of spit-up right onto her towel. The baby in her arm whimpered and Jo pulled the baby back so she could look into her daughter's face. "Oh sweet baby girl, did that scare you?" Jo showered her daughter in kisses before returning her to her chest.

A/N: I won't be able to publish as often all the time. But I have had a month to write these first few chapters so they will come out somewhat steadily.