My Little Monster 2

(Word Count— 1.254k)

"Dear, Norm... If this letter somehow reaches you, we just wanted to let you know that we are fighting hard at the front lines! Your mother is staying home helping out any other humans in need and..." BLAH BLAH BLAH! I tossed the letter in the trash can and sulked over to my room. Its so unfair. My dad is one of the most powerful monsters that first appeared when the Discovery was first confirmed about 11 years ago. I was 8 when that happened, I can scarcely remember my mom throwing her own arm at the door to lock it. It was midnight and all across the colony, there were colonial searches for every house. A 'Purification' was what they called it. They didn't want any 'demons' to kill anymore of their kind. Who are the humans to think that we monsters are the demons? Humans prey on hundreds of different species whereas us monsters prey on 1 or 2. Zombies eat humans so that they can stay alive and werewolves eat humans so that they dont become mindless monsters.

I sighed and took the letter out of the trash. My dad was just trying to get in contact with me, its selfish for me to cut him out. I just... Find it ridiculous that they have to go through that. My mom got her legs blown off while I was still a child. I remember my dad running in his wolf form while holding both of us in his mouth. My mom had to chop off the legs of our enemies just so she could walk again, its horrible.

As I was rereading the letter thoroughly, I translated all the codes and secret messages my dad was trying to send. In conclusion, my aunts and uncles (on my dads side) have overrun 7 pods in the Spice Colony (one of the biggest colonies in the sphere). Mom is staying safe by infiltrating another pod in the Spice Colony. She used a lot of make-up to cover her otherwise decaying skin. That was basically it. My parents were doing great, I just wished I could be a part of the revolution. Half werewolf and half zombie? What a combo! I'm sure I could bring an uprising among monsters and shatter the reality of humans— Monsters aren't the invasive species, its you humans.

Later that day I received a package with no return sticker, probably the work of my mom, she cant read any human language. Inside the box was a few hundred bottles of human blood, O-, my favorite. I smiled and set up all the vials behind my vitamin-D pills on the counter in the kitchen. If I ration them correctly, these vials should hold me out for a few months. I took a few of them and slipped them into the pockets of my hoodie, walked out the door and locked it behind me. Wouldn't want anyone to slip in and find a bunch of blood vials scattered all over the countertops. Jeez.

I followed the light brown path that lead to the out of order, rainbow colored street and looked around. Its only 2 am and nobody was outside wandering around except for a few people hooked on the very illegal femented fruit spirit. I hopped off the curb that combines the rainbow street to my brown street. Whose idea was it to paint the streets?

As I was walking down the street, a streak of paranoia tingled down my body. Curses to the moon, well not the moon itself, but the full moon. Curse the full moon. I looked up at the sky and the clouds scooted aside to reveal the waxing gibbous moon hiding away. Well looks like I'll have to skip some school tomorrow. So sad, I have advanced calculus that day.

"ID Card and Flash please?" A low voice rumbled. I looked up and saw this very tall and large man with his arms crossed looking down at me. I was thinking so much that even my legs quit on me and decided to go ahead to my destination. I dug in my pockets to find my ID card but nothing was in there except for my vials. I looked back up at the guy.

"I... Don't have my ID card with me but my name is Norm Si, and im a 14th year student." I flashed a smile and the man rolled his eyes.

"Why are your teeth so sharp? You arent a vampire are you?"

"No, I had some jaw surgery on them a while ago" well its not a lie. My teeth were out of control when I was 12, something had to be done about them.

"Yeah, yeah, understandable, enjoy your morning"

I snickered at that comment. That guy was obviously a 2nd generation giant.

As soon as I slipped through the door, my senses where shot dead with the aroma of blood. So many loud noises from the jumping crowd and the loud music. The lights were flashing all kinds of colors, what a perfect environment for a creature like me. I pushed and shoved my way through all the beings and made my way to the glow in the dark bar where other beings were sitting. I set myself apart but sitting in the stool 2 seats apart from them. The bartender finished serving the couple and slid over to where I was.

"Normy dearrrr, you're back!" He smiled widely, revealing 2 long, freshly sharpened, yellow fangs.

"I see someone's been eating well." I responded. The guy covered his mouth with his hand and his eyes widen, "O-M-G you can tell? Do I smell like blood? Did it get on my shirt? Please dont tell me it got on my shirt...." He talked on and on and the other people enjoyed the show he put on by spinning and frolicking around. His name is Felix, hes a 16th year student who's in the occupation of culinary arts. He's also a 3rd generation vampire. With him and his own will, he bought himself a house, turned it into a club and there you go— illegal night living. The privileged never get reprimanded so he should be fine. Plus his dad is the advisor to our pod's head government, so im sure this place is overlooked by the higher ups.

Felix called me over behind the bar and into his little office he made for himself.

"Close your eyes Normy, I have a surprise for you!" Felix grabbed my hand and pushed me into a cushiony chair. I could hear footsteps and whispering from across the room and I think I heard Felix lock the door. I squinted and saw a blurry image of him speaking to someone with long dark hair. After given the 'okay', I opened my eyes and saw Felix, linking arms with none other than Kinko Legacy.

-Notes-
The Discovery marks an important date when monsters where finally confirmed to be real. Before, they were just conspiracies.
Colonial Searches are like federal searches. A colony is the equivalent to a country
Head Government is the leader of the pod. They are elected for life.
A Flash is something required in order to get into any public place. The person must flash their smile to prove that they arent a monster, or becoming one. Most monsters have sharp teeth in order to bite through human flesh.
Zomwolf/Wolfbie - Half werewolf, half zombie.