Betrayal

"Hey," Hope said, sitting down on the couch in the living room next to Stiles,"What's that?" She asked, looking down at something Stiles was working on.

"Just something I'm making in case of a rainy day," Stiles replied, looking down at the small device.

"Okay, but what is it?" Hope repeated, looking at the mess of wires and metal mesh.

Before Stiles could answer, Hope's phone rang.

Hope pulled it out and answered, Stiles closed his eyes, already knowing what was happening and why they were calling.

"That was Freya," Hope said,"She said that Triad's going to try and steal something. They don't know what it is, but they need our help to get it before they do."

Stiles offered the only smile he could in this circumstance,"Looks like our honeymoon's being cut short."

Time Skip

Six hours later, Hope and Stiles land and are greeted by their family.

"How was it?" Freya said, hugging her niece immediately.

"Lots and lots of fun," Hope said, glancing back at Stiles and smiling at him, but he only offered a small strained smile in response.

Hope had noticed that something had been off with Stiles for the past couple of days, but he had always managed to distract her before she could ask.

"Where's Kol, Marcel, Lizzie, and Rebekah?" Stiles asked, giving Keelin and Freya a quick hug as a greeting, but it was quick and uncomfortable.

"They're already at the site," Freya said,"We gave Kol some supplies to distract them when we get there."

"What is it that they're after?" Hope asked.

"Something old and powerful, which means they shouldn't get it," Keelin answered.

"Lots of guards, but it shouldn't be too bad for us to handle," Freya said as they climb into a car.

Time Skip

All over the dig site, bombs went off, great explosions that made the ground rumble just in time for Marcel, Hope, and Stiles to come running out.

They went to their rendezvous point, a rocky hill just on the border of Louisiana with several separate cars waiting for them.

"You were only supposed to create a diversion, Kol!" Marcel yelled at the Original vampire, tightening his grip on the magically sealed safe.

"That was a diversion," Kol said, defending himself.

"How many of the damn explosives did you use?" Lizzie demanded.

"I don't know...All of it," Kol said, not seeing what the big deal was.

"Wait, all of it?!" Hope said,"Damn it, Kol."

"It doesn't matter," Freya said,"We need to get out of here before reinforcements show up!"

They all went to their vehicles, but before Hope mounted her dirtbike, she turned to Stiles,"Are you okay?"

Stiles swallowed, not answering her question,"I'll see you back at the compound."

Hope eyed him for a moment longer, before nodding, pulling on her helmet and speeding away.

All of them drove their separate ways in groups of two, making it a lot harder for Triad to know where the safe was.

Stiles drove his charger next to Marcel's hummer, along a dirt road next to a metal fence.

They drove a couple of miles before Marcel finally rolled down his window and called something out to Stiles,"When we get home the bourbon's on me," He said, obviously in a good mood about something.