Tattoos

When Stiles woke up he was covered in cold sweat, his heart pounding out of his chest.

Hope sensing his panic woke up as well,"Stiles, what's wrong?" She asked, sitting up with Stiles.

Stiles let out a shaky breath, squeezing his eyes shut,"It's okay," He said, sounding like he was trying to convince himself that.

If he was meant to kill Hope then he didn't know what it would mean if he told her, but since he shared his power with her, it didn't mean anything anymore. He couldn't kill her, no he wouldn't kill her.

He turned toward Hope, through the darkness he could see the worry in her eyes,"I can tell you later," He said, cupping her face and kissing her, needing to kiss her to make sure he was safe.

Hope pulled back, looking at him in confusion,"Are you sure you're okay?"

Stiles brushed a strand of hair out of her face,"I can tell you later," He repeated.

With the full moon coming up he didn't want to say anything that could make her more angry or anxious than she already was.

Hope sighed, looking around the bed,"You made the bed all sweaty."

Stiles sighed, wiping the sweat off his brow,"Sorry," He said,"I could, uh... sleep somewhere else."

If Hope wasn't worried then she definitely was now,"It's okay, you can stay," Hope said, pushing the covers back so they were no longer covering them,"Can you turn the fan on though?"

Stiles nodded, standing up and walking to the wall and he flipped the switch making the ceiling fan start to spin.

When Stiles looked back to Hope she pulled the sheet up to her chin like she was hiding something.

"What's wrong?" Stiles asked, through the bond that he and Hope now shared he could feel her hiding something.

"Nothing," Hope lied.

Stiles noticed the blood stain on the sheet.

He yanked the sheet off of her and there was a claw mark on her thigh.

Stiles' heart dropped at the sight of it,"Did I... Did I do that to you?"

Hope stood up immediately, walking toward her husband,"No, Stiles you--"

Stiles took a step back from her, watching the cuts start to heal,"Hope, if I did that to you then--"

"It wasn't you," Hope interrupted, then she lifted her fingers to reveal that they were covered in her own blood,"I had a nightmare," She explained,"It might also be the full moon, it's not even out yet and I can still feel it."

Stiles took her hand and black veins traveled up his arm as he took her pain, even though it was such a small bit of pain, and immediately Hope's wounds finished healing.

The blue eyes of the Tribrid met the Alpha's brown eyes and they stared at each other for several moments.

Their lips met in a kiss, and it quickly grew more heated.

Hope wrapped her arms around his neck and Stiles' arms encircled her waist. When he stood up straight, Hope's toes no longer touched the ground, and she couldn't help but giggle.

Stiles walked toward the bed, with one arm still around Hope he yanked the bloody sheet off of the bed and he gently laid Hope on it.

Hope felt like her soul was more complete with Stiles with her, like they shared one heart.

Hope smiled against his lips, her hand going from his neck down his chest, and finally to his heart. She always loved to feel his heartbeat, she didn't even know why.