Chapter 15: Oh, it's on

"Jane... Jane!...Jane!" Jane's bleary eyes shoot open. The room is spinning. Jane sees two Maura's yelling at her, but it's like someone turned off the sound and she could only see the doctors yelling at her in mute...

Her hearing and vision improve and Maura's twin disappears. She has a very bad taste in her dry mouth. "Jane!". "-Gah, you don't have to yell Maura, I am right next to you" Jane goes to put her hands up but they are cuffed behind her chair.

"I have been calling your name for a while... Were you sedated?". "I don't know but my head is spinning and my mouth feels like I've been suckin on a cotton ball". "Yes, it would seem they drugged you then."

The two women are in a small room, cuffed to metal chairs. The paint is peeling off the walls and there are no windows. The only way out is through the locked door. All they hear is the hum of a low fluorescent light suspended above them, and themselves.

"Are you hurt?" Jane asks, concerned. "No, just a little stiff from where the seatbelt caught my neck. Are you hurt?". "I don't think so. Wait, my hand is throbbing.. ah.-" "- Oh, maybe that's why they sedated you".

"Yeah ok, quite yappin and help me figure out how we're getting out of here"... "Jane I don't mean to come across as somber or pessimistic but realistically speaking we are joined to another incline object to a plane wrapped helically around an axis"

"Do I need a tattoo on my forehead that says: What does that mean Maura?!" Jane yells, does she really have to run her google mouth now!? "It means we're screwed, Jane!". Jane's mouth falls open. Maura rarely if ever cussed. "Oh crap, you're not gonna cry on me are you!?" Jane asks, bouncing her chair over to Maura who is barely keeping it together.

"No! I seem to have a foreign body on my cornea".Maura looks away. ''Hey, look at me" Jane says, leaning a little forward, her voice gentle. "I am getting us out of this if it's the last thing I do. You hear me?" Jane says determined, Maura smiles a sly smile. "I love you, Jane. I wanna be buried at sea."

"Don't talk like that dammit! I love you too. Just help me look for a way to pick these" Jane says frantically looking around the room. Maura isn't listening. She has accepted her presumed fate. "What do you want Jane?" "I wanna get out of here Maura!"

"No, I mean burial-wise. I don't know what you want.". "I wanna die one day before you so I don't have to go out on a boat... When we're 80! Now focus, you need to keep your spirits up if we are gonna make it out of here"

Maura snaps out of her blues and looks around the room. "Well, judging by the deterioration of the asphalt in the structure of the walls. I would say this building was built n the mid-90s". "That's the spirit, Maur. Do you happen to have a bobby pin in your hair or something? Just like a piece of metal I can pick this lock on my cuffs with?" Maura looks down at her breasts "Would an underwire in my bra work?" Maura asks optimistically.

Jane looks at her breasts, swallowing absentmindedly. "Maybe! How the hell am I gonna get it out of there?". "Well it has that annoying little opening, sometimes it slides out and pokes me while I'm working-really annoying-" "-Ok Maura. I'm gonna try and use my mouth to get it" Jane says with an almost defeated look.

First, she has to unbutton her blouse using only her mouth and then somehow dislodge the wire and retrieve it with her teeth. It's only their lives that are riding on Jane using her mouth right now.

"I believe in you, Jane.-". "-Ok just don't you say it..."... "Say what? That your mouth can accomplish a plethora of maneuvers that I've experienced first hand and that I have complete faith in you?". "You said it-" "-Quit stalling and get in here" Maura says, pushing out her chest.