Chapter 9: Gizmo, meet Frankie.

Jane and Maura walk towards the dog park on the Southside of the estate. Gizmo's ears are flapping away as they strut down the road. Maura is still slightly angry with Jane for taking all the risk while she stays at home not even allowed to speak to the suspects without Jane. As wrong as it sounds Jane can't help but love Maura angry.

Her eyes get this fiery glare that makes Jane melt in the most delicious way. She finds herself trying to please the doctor at times like these, but also just enough to keep the balance of dominance that the detective possesses naturally, in her favor... It's like a subconscious thing Jane has been doing for years.

She knows Maura needs to talk something out before she can let go of her frustration with Jane. So Jane gives her the exact opposite. "You know what bothers me about this case?"

Maura answers snarkily while looking straight ahead "No. But I am assuming you are going to tell me."

Jane swallows as she adjusts her grip on Gizmo's leash. If anything the anger makes the doctor more focussed, like she puts all her frustration into the task at hand. Jane has used this detail about the doctor on occasion to help solve cases when they have no breaks, the ME always comes through after a few hours brewing in her lab, vigorously running tests and researching her hypothesis.

"We actually know very little about Christian Reid's background. His life before he bought the nightclub is a file so little it barely counts as a pamphlet. I bet he changed his name and finding out about his past just might tell us what they plan to do next"

Maura rolls her head back slightly, looking at the sky before responding. "Well, I know how you like to guess, speculate, leap to conclusions, wonder, theorize and use your intestines to get answers so I am not even gonna bother getting worked up over it now-" "- Too late-"

"-But I will say this, if that is the case then human nature dictates that he has something linking him to his past in his home. Most likely a personal item or items such as a photograph. Someone hiding their past gets rid of everything from their past but oftentimes they find it difficult to part with items of significant personal value"

There it is. Maura, you did it again. "That's it!" Jane exclaims excitedly, stopping in her tracks by the park entrance. "All we have to do is break into their house and find it so we can hopefully get his real name. You are a genius!-I could kiss you" Jane bites her lip as the words leave her mouth. Jane always says that when the doctor finds something that helps her break the case or when she has a stroke of genius.

However, somehow saying it now seems strange. Like things have changed. She's tasted the doctor's lips, held her close. Deep down Jane knows she could never go back to their not-so-innocent flirting without burning with desire to follow through.

Maura narrows her gaze on Jane, shifting her weight and tilting her head slightly. "So do it".

Should have seen that coming, Jane thinks. She knows Maura is still a little pissed, she can't help but wonder what a kiss from a slightly angry Maura would feel like. Technically there are people of the community around, they are trying to portray a couple? Jane was done rationalizing it for herself.

Just do Jane, don't overthink. Jane closes the distance between them and captures Maura's lips in a kiss. The doctor doesn't hold back one bit. She grabs a handful of Jane's hair and pulls Jane impossibly closer into the kiss.

Jane's hands reach around Maura's waist and nearly lift her off the ground. Jane could feel the heat emanating between their bodies that are pressed unbearably close to one another. Maura bites Jane's lower lip eliciting a grunt made up of shock, pain and pleasure.