Chapter 51 - Wet Dog

Start from the beginning

"I love you." I mumble putting my head on top of hers.

"I love you too." She says.

"Tobias?"

"Yeah?"

"It hurts." She looks up at me, tears brimming her dull yet vibrant eyes.

"What does?" I ask, fear traveling like wild fire through my veins.

"My leg. Tobias. I can't take it! It burns!" She screams in pain, gritting her teeth.

"Shh. Shh." I stoke her hair pulling her back in an embrace. I feel her heart racing against my bare chest as he breathes heavily and begins to sweat and shake.

I look down now to see that in her left leg, there is several bullets, bleeding all over the sheets.

"Shh. I'm going to find you, and this will all end up okay. You'll be okay. Just breathe, Tris. I'm going to find you. I will. I promise. Just hang in there. Stay with me." I stroke her now long, blonde hair as she seemingly just hides her face in my shoulder, trembling in pain.

"I'm dying, Tobias."

I jump from my bed sweating like crazy as I wake up from that dream; no, that nightmare.

I turn over and lay on my back, taking deep breaths to try and calm myself.

It was just so, vivid.

Still sweating, I jump out of the bed and check the sheets where she was for blood stains. Indy jumps off the bed, clearly startled my by sudden movement.

I take a deep breath as I pull back the dark grey-ish black comforter.

I sigh a sigh of relief.

No blood.

I just take deep breaths as I walk back and forth in my room with my hands on my head.

I'm dying, Tobias.

The sound of her voice haunts my brain.

Indy comes over to me and looks at me quizzically; probably wondering why I basically pushed him off my bed in such a rush. He looks up at me with his big brown eyes and just whines.

"I'm sorry bud." I sit down making me at his level and he walks up to me. He basically just comes up and plops down on my lap. "I just freaked out for a second, but don't worry, I'm okay. It's time to get up anyway. Well, even though it's Sunday and I don't have work until a meeting again tonight, it's still time to get up." I play with his ears as he still basically is sitting half on my lap, half on the floor.

"What should we do today?" I ask him like he would actually answer me. He just turns around and looks at me, his nose right in my face. I wrap my arms around him, kinda like a huge bare hug and scratch him roughly like a doggy bro hug kind of thing.

"You know what? How about you get a bath today? You seem pretty filthy if I'd ever say so. Plus, I picked up some dog shampoo at the pet store a few days ago after work. How about that bud?"

"Come on. Let me up. Let's go get breakfast, and then I'll shower, then so will you. After that, who knows." I laugh as Indy runs toward the kitchen at the recognition of the word breakfast.

* * *

"How's this gonna work...?" I think out loud as I dig out the huge bottle of dog shampoo, then look at my crazy puppy, Indiana. He's getting much bigger now and comes at least up to my knees, actually, a little taller than my knees. He's also fattened up a bit, not looking like a skinny, scrawny puppy anymore. Judging my the papers mom gave me when she gave me to him, he's around eight months old now even though I've only had him for around three months.