20

You shut your eyes feeling his breath over your lips.

It's as if you're the main lead of a movie and everything is in slow motion with music playing in the background.

You're just about to give in. Just about to kiss him back when he pulls away bringing you out of your main character moment.

That's when you realize he kissed you.

He JUST KISSED YOU?

AND YOU WERE GOING TO KISS HIM BACK?

You look at his face expecting a proper explanation and also to look at his expressions.

But none of them comes in return.

He looks least bothered about the kiss as if it never happened and about explanation...

He leans closer staring straight into your eyes.

"Another word from that pretty little mouth of yours and I'll go alone." He warns you strictly and like a very very obedient and a good girl you nod your head replying to him silently.

Well, that wasn't what you planned in your mind.

You were... You were going to scold him but then you just couldn't.

The reason didn't seem valid to you.

You walk beside him rubbing your arms as the weather isn't going to be too good.

Since morning it has been like its going to rain.

But you are praying that it doesn't. Not now at least.

"Ouch!" You hiss as your hand quickly reaches out to hold his shoulders.

You just hit a stone making your foot slip.

You feel his arm around your waist and you literally forgot that you had got hurt in your foot.

Your breath hitch as a low gasp leaves your lips. You're suddenly too sensitive to his touch. You shut your eyes as the kiss plays in your mind.

"Are you okay?" He asks and his expressionless face is replaced by a worried expression.

Internally, you feel so relieved.

Until now, you didn't realize how much you miss him being him.

Him being the dumb dork and clinging to you as if you're his entire life.

"Yeah" You reply short maintaining your balance, pulling your hand back but his arm is still around your waist.

"Let me see." He turns his flashlight towards your feet.

"Thank God. You are not hurt."

He heaves out a sigh of relief. You roll your eyes suddenly being reminded of something.

"Not like you care." You walk forward hearing a low grunt from him.

You ball your fists getting yourself together.

Every single thing he does affects you too much.

"Let's not fight in this situation." You feel the warmth of his hand over yours as he intertwines his fingers.

You stare at his hand while walking the entire way.

He's been your friend for so long and how come you always ignored how ethereal he can look.

His veiny fingers are something you'd love to fantasize about.

You gulp the hard lump in your throat mentally slapping yourself for even thinking that way about your friend.