Half of Me <°~Adrienette~°>

(A/N- Was working on a Kuro Neko Ladynoir scene rewrite but it's taking a little longer so I put it on a hold to write a little Adrienette fluff for Valentine! And it is super late too. Hope you enjoy!)

__

It's Valentine's day in Paris and Marinette is feeling like she's lost her chance with Adrien.
Post relationship, post reveal. Aged up. Adrienette proposal drabble.

__

The memory was vivid, clear as though it hadn't been years since it happened. She watched as tiny drops of water escaped the little holes and thought for a flash, she could see her reflection in them.

They were both breathless, her body trying to refocus on catching the lost air as he dipped her slightly. It had been the 2nd year anniversary of Ladybug and Catnoir's arrival in Paris and the mayor wanted to celebrate it grand style. It had also been the day they went public.

Sure everyone had known Adrien and Marinette were dating, they decided against going public as their alter egos. But as they danced on that day, they got so carried away, swallowed in a bubble where no one else but them existed. Catnoir dipped her slightly as the music ended and she pulled him in for a kiss.

The crowd cheering, clapping and gasping was vaguely heard because the next words Adrien said sent her head spinning.

"I swear one day I will marry you, Marinette Dupain-Cheng."

She didn't know how to respond, her body growing hot in the suit as she blushed, but he gave her the warmest of smiles. They were both sixteen, yet it seemed like they knew could spend eternity together.

Marinette slid down under the shower. That had been about 6 whole years ago but it was so fresh in her mind. She felt a chill tickle her spine but it wasn't from the cold water.

Her mind drifted off again. The rainy night replaying like a film scenery.

Adrien finding out his dad was Shadowmoth was devastating. To her. And she could only imagine how it was for him. That night he landed on her balcony, the downpour merciless and the night dampened. Just like he felt.

She gave him the biggest of hugs as they cried in each other's arms. Her lips whispering words of promises, holding gears of their future. Whatever it maybe, she swore to be with him forever. That night they'd slept in the warmth of each other's arms. And in the morning, he held her tight, curled his fingers in the strands of her hair and whispered in her ear.

"I can't wait to wake up to see you every morning for the rest of my life."

Her eyes widened and she flushed. She looked to him expecting a kooky laugh, a brush off, but he held a small smile, his brows drawn together, no ounce of doubt. Her heart thudded loudly.

Ever since the time at their anniversary, he'd never said anything about marriage. She didn't know whether to be glad that he did or not. They were eighteen, how could he be so sure? He didn't wait for a response though, he only wrapped her up, cradled her to his chest, the steady beat of heart stringing a perfect melody.

Another drop of water hit her skin and she felt it trickle down till it echoed silently as it hit the tiles. Her nerves kicked in, the breeze tickling her skin and cold seeping into her pores. Giving in to the cold, she finally stood up. She grabbed her towel and wrapped herself up before stepping out of the bathroom.

The room was empty and she couldn't tell if it were the weather or the emptiness that made the grounds cold. It'd been that way for a while. Ever since she'd moved in with Adrien some months back, the kwamis had their own space.