40. Sick but Cozy Day

Jenny's pov (2 Weeks Later):

"Urgh.. I'm fine" I insisted in a groggy voice while sitting in my bed. "Oh sure.. you look sporty" I hear Shay's obvious sarcasm, properly covering me with the blanket. For last three days I've been suffering from this burning fever. "No work today" She sounds disciplining "I contacted your work to get you some time off." 

Me: "(whining) B..but it was.."

Shaylin: "(scolding) No 'but' ... you're careless" 

That made me pout, same as last two days. Shay's been scolding me every once in a while. Can't really blame her. I know she can't see me in any kind of pain. "You just HAD to go that place didn't you?" She said angrily. There it is, I knew she was gonna bring it up.

Basically I went to check the nearly finished road through the Highpoint Woods to the southern ranches. I was walking in scorching temperature, got dusted from all the debris and in my way back accidentally stepped in a puddle. But the callous idiot that I am, I immediately sat to work after returning home without changing. 

"I was just curious okay?" I'm still whining, "just a little stroll through that road to see if I can take a peek at the view..."

Shaylin: "And? Did you?"

I gave a guilty look saying "Mm, no, they didn't let me pass" then faced down. She shook her head in disappointment then came sat near me. "Does your throat hurt?" She asked affectionately, I don't know how she does that, angry to soft in a pinch!  

Me: "No... it's just the fever"

Shaylin: "Alright, lay down, rest a bit."

"Nah, I'm fine.." I don't know why I'm trying to impress her, "I'll just... sit it out, see?" said in the raspy voice which is obviously getting weaker, even I wouldn't buy that. Shay laughed suppressing her lips then said "Alright tough gal, rest for ME, okay?"

"Fiinee" I rolled my eyes, said "if you say so" then laid down. Secretly I was wishing for her to coddle me like this. But I can't control the shivering even though I'm wrapped in the blanket. "Oh Jen" Shay's voice became even softer seeing me shaking, she immediately laid beside me, hugged me whole around the blanket.

"Why are you so careless to yourself baby?" She asked in a low hurtful voice, gently stroking my hair, forehead and cheeks. I just can't stop absorbing her attention but now I kinda feel bad. To make her smile I said in a funny tone "so that you can take care of me like this" and grinned like a spoiled brat. 

That worked, she started to laugh then kissed on my forehead. "Bitch don't get too close" I groaned "I don't want you to catch it." She hugged me even tighter and sternly said "I'll rub myself all over you.." I pouted whining "Whyy??"

She chuckled caressing my cheek and said "Cause I know you'll feel better staying close to me, and that's all I care about." Jesus! I don't even the energy to get emotional over that and still feel like tearing up. Not only that, she unwrapped me partially from the blanket then got herself in!

Me: "Shay, what the.."

Shaylin: "Shush.."

She actually silenced me while I'm still surprised, covering both us back. Then whispered "Try to sleep, you'll feel a bit fresh later, okay?" Before I could say anything she pulled me closer and took my hand placing around her waist. I literally buried my head in her neck as she gently kept stroking my hair.

Not that we fall sick often but whenever I felt under the weather like this, she's taken care of me like I'm a baby. And she's right, I always DID feel much better the closer she stayed to me during those times!

Didn't even take minutes before my shivers are gone, don't know if it's because of her sweet smell or her body heat or both...

Shaylin's pov: 

*ding dong* 

"Oh, it's probably her." I said, Jen's mom came right in time as I was going to prepare some dinner. I buzzed her up.

"Take these" She handed me some pack of soups right after entering the apartment. "Oh there you are" She addressed Jenny in a comical tone. By the looks of it, Jen is getting prepared to be made fun of. I'm already giggling, always love the interaction between this mother daughter duo. 

Agnes: "(at me) What're you doing girl?"

Me: "(confused) What?"

She asked "Why're you taking care of this grown ass woman?" pointing at Jenny. Before I reply Jen shrugged agreeing with her "That's what I've been telling her."

"Ah wha.." I raised my hands in a surrender pose saying "You two are unbelievable, just carbon copies of each other." Both of them started to laugh. I'm relieved though, Jen's still a bit weak but looks much better now that she had a good nap with me. Agnes asked her "have you ever helped her like this?" I pursed my lips smiling at Jen, she made a self-disappointed face then replied "Last time Shay was sick I made some hot cocoa and ordered out."

Agnes looked at me with the same face and asked "Why am I not surprised?" Both her and I burst out laughing, Jen faced down scoffing.

Agnes helped me with making the dinner then we all had a nice evening together. It's always endearing for me to see them talking, their deadpan humorous interactions always make things lighter and funnier.

Little did I knew, later that night Agnes would drop a big news on us, mainly on Jenny!