16. Can't Stop Smiling

Jenny's pov:

Felt like time stopped, can't tell for how long we've been locked in this kiss. Finally we let go but still hugging, slowly opened our eyes looking at each other, panting like we've been breathless forever.

I realize my vision is getting blurry with tears. Shay wiped mine then wiped hers, she teared up too. She held my cheeks and said in a breathy voice "I'm so sorry I haven't realized all these years."

I don't care how long it took, it finally happened! I just can't believe, I kissed her, my bestfriend, the woman I've been insanely in love with, finally feeling the same way I've felt all this time!

I closed my eyes, murmuring in a broken voice "please be real, please be real". She started to laugh then pressed her forehead against mine and said affectionately "what do you mean stupid? of course it's real."

"Is it?" I still can't believe it, She sensed the helplessness in my voice, cupped my cheeks in her hands, softly jiggled them and said "Aw my little heart, yes, yes it's real". I'm looking into her eyes, started finally believe that it's real. A peaceful relief just breezed through whole body.

She hugged me back as I rest my head on her shoulder, sighing in peace. The cool wind in the balcony is making this moment even more special as we're just standing in a hug, quiet.

Shaylin's pov:

*Next day*

We're at the dining table, had lunch a while ago. Nothing much happened after the kiss yesterday. We calmed down, sat together for a while, took care of some work stuff, then as usual, she fell asleep to my heartbeat, gosh that felt so adorable!

"Yesterday just flew by didn't it?" I asked, she nodded, smiling at me. Since we woke up today, she just can't take her eyes off me, making me I blush.

Me: "God how the hell are you so cute?" (squished her cheek)

Jenny: (laughed) "Can you stop?"

Me: "Can YOU stop staring at me all the time?"

She gives me a soulful look, "Wish I could... you're just too damn beautiful!" The way she said it made everything chaotic in me, I exhaled, whispered "Oh you" then started to snuggle her cheeks with my face. Both of us are smiling like crazy, god I don't want this happiness to end! 

I had to leave her there for a few minutes though, got a work submission, she's already done with it. Jenny has always been more proactive than me at work, guess I cover that up by being more social.

She is chilling on the couch, I'm done so I quickly joined her. After waking up today, we're smiling at each other every time our eyes meet, none of us can't control it. Suddenly a curiosity came onto me.

"So um.. have you ever like.. you know.. (shrugged) fantasize about me?" I asked playfully. "Oh god" She pretends to annoyed, rolled her eyes while shaking her head. "Oh c'mon" I am pushing her "you already admitted that you... you know" started giggling, made her giggle too. "Mhmm" She nods. 

"Oh reeaally?" I'm sounding even more mischievous, it's getting on her nerves, "oh boy..." she whispers giggling and shaking her head, god she's so cute! "tell me, tell me" I'm literally acting like a teenager now "what did you (cough) fantasize about me?"

"Well, you know..." Now she is sounding naughty too. "All kind of stuff" she said, then shrugged, pursing her lips in.

"WHA...." I gasped in shock, laughing with my mouth open, then tried to look offended but just can't stop smiling, "you little.." I yelled then jumped at her, both laughing uncontrollably as we started cuddling and wrestling, made a mess out of the couch.

After a storm of shenanigans we both got a little tired, sitting on the floor leaning against the couch. She is looking at me in dreamy-romantic eyes and I'm sure I got the same look in my eyes too. We're slightly panting from all the playfulness from a minute ago.

Jenny: "Shay?"

Me: "Yeah?"

Jenny: "Can I kiss you?"

I laughed softly, that's right, we haven't kissed after our first kiss as a couple yesterday. She is probably dying to have some, me too!   

I touched her cheek and said "Come", she came at me immediately, we locked ourselves in firm kiss, lost into each other with unbelievable tenderness! 

Lost track of how long we've been kissing, finally let go. That kiss left us a bit breathless and euphoric! Jen is touching my lips with her fingers, looking at them like she is seeing them for the first time. 

I realized something, I caressed her cheek and called "Jen?" she looked up, I asked "All these years, you must've wanted to kiss me a million times didn't you?" I can see a little sparkle of tear in the corner of her eyes. She started to rub her face in my hand, wiping the tear as well. My poor baby! Wanted my love like this, needed it, but never said anything. Now that I've mentioned it, she is finally letting that pain go. 

I let her mend that wound on my hand for a while, then pressed my forehead against hers and said smilingly "Hey, now you can kiss me as much as you want..." then I whispered "I'm all yours..." 

Didn't take long, we melted our lips into another kiss.