3. Found Someone

Jenny's pov:

Sigh, I'm bored. Submitted my work couple hours ago, playing games on my computer since then, don't know what else to do. Shaylin went to get some groceries. She was excited about something. I wonder what.

We've been living in this apartment for almost half a year now. Can't complain about life. Especially now that I'm living with the girl I'm secretly in love with. Also, most nights I fall asleep to the sound of her heartbeat so that's a bonus, a big one!

I'm smiling like an idiot thinking about that, as if there is anything else I can think about. It's certainly weird that I have such strong romantic feelings for my bestfriend but can't help it. Everything about her, her long silky black hair, her smile, eyes, lips ... body, Jesus her body! Especially when she wears a crop top, showing her midriff a bit, its a fucking challenge not stare like a thirsty animal, and those breasts ....

*Click* I hear the doorknob, Shay is back. I shook my thoughts back to normal.

"Heeyyy" She comes in with a big hey as always, "Bitch where the hell were you?" I sound extremely impatient.

"Aww, someone missed me" the ever mischievous voice of hers. "Gotta show you something, come here come here".

I walked to her and hugged her from behind. She brought out a guy's photo on her phone. "That's Adam" she smiles at me "He is in my team at work, asked me out on a date tonight".

I think my stomach just turned, subconsciously I always knew something like this was gonna happen, but I guess I was just hoping not to.

I subtly let her go from my hug, stood cross armed and asked "Oh really?" I don't know what else to say or how I should sound. She is looking at me as if she is looking for my approval. Like, what am I supposed to do?

"Isn't he cute?" Shaylin sounds like a college girl having a crush. I mean yeah he is handsome I guess. I Never really thought about guys.

"Yeah he looks ... pretty cool" gosh I sound like I am trying to be sarcastic but failing. "How haven't I never known about him?" I feel like I'm asking it just for the conversation's sake, just like about any of her dates back in high school or college.

Didn't even realize there were a few seconds of silence, I look up and Shaylin is just smiling at me with arched brows. She comes to me, wraps her hands around my neck as I did around her waist, then she said in a funny voice "Cause you become a bitch every time I get a date and become extremely judgmental of the guy" and started laughing.

"No I don't" I made a scrunched up face, but she is right, I just never could stand the only 2 guys she went out with when we were students. Not that they were bad, I just wanted her all to myself. 

She went to take a shower. I am on the couch, nerves hit bad. It's a bit serious now because it's not just some stupid prom date. We're adults now, living by ourselves, a date is potentially a life track for her. And here I am, doing nothing but fantasizing about my bestfriend everyday, wishing a miracle that she will somehow understand my feelings and reciprocate. 

I slowly started to cry, I need to let the tears out before she sees me.

Shaylin's pov:

"How do I look?" I am wearing a full sleeve sundress, a bit nervous because Jenny gets insanely protective of me whenever I used to dress up for date, ensuring I don't show much skin, and this one shows just a little bit of cleavage.

"When have you ever looked bad?" She replies in a monotone voice, made me blush, but she is kind of down. 

"Honeeyy" I went near her, "hey" I lifted up her face "It's the first time in years I am going on a date, can't you be just happy for me?"

Jenny gently put my hands off her face, held them and said "you're right, you know what? go, enjoy your best, and let me know everything after".

Wow, guess we're maturing up, "So no policing?" I asked pursing my lips in a smile. She gave me a lifeless smile and said "I protected you when I could, we're grown ups now I guess, at least you are".

It's kind of adorable that she wants me to herself but to me it always felt a bit more serious than that. She cherishes every moment with me, and I love her my heart out for that, but it worries me sometimes. 

*ding dong* 

The bell rang. "Alright, it must be him" I sound excited. It IS him outside, I let him up, opened the door and there he is, navy blue jeans, sneakers and jacket, looking damn handsome! 

"Adam" I said "meet my bestie, Jennifer Tinsley" Jenny came up to us and shook hands with a forced smile.

"Ah so you're the famous Jenny I heard about" He said smilingly. "I shared my family stories with Shaylin and the person she talks about the most is you" he said.

I saw a faint smile on her face, "Well, we've been best friends since forever, sorry I own most of her thoughts" she said jokingly. I don't know why, it kind of made me blush.

"Damn right" He is still smiling "it's one competition I can't beat I guess, but hey, it's really nice to finally meet you". 

"Likewise" Jenny said.

Then he turned to me and asked "Shall we?" offering his elbow in a fashion. I gave a small peck on Jenny's forehead and said "see you later" then grabbed his elbow.

She wished us to have fun and said goodbye with a smile but I think I saw unhappiness on her face before shutting the door. Sigh, what do I do with her.