26. The Day After

Shaylin's pov:

She is sleeping like a baby. Almost every morning I wake up to this view. Gosh she looks so fucking cute that I have to control the urge to smoosh the crap out of her cheeks. But I don't want to wake her up. 

After a shower, I'm feeling really refreshed. Got some work to do so I took the laptop and left my room quietly to work in Jenny's room. 

*After a while*

There's a stupid smile on face, the last night was... steamy! The most intensity I've ever felt. I'm chopping some vegetables in the kitchen, remembering how it started and some other bits. 

"Good morning" I got startled by Jen's voice. She's standing at the door, smiling at me.

"Heyy, morning" I said as she came close and hugged me from behind. 

Me: "Did you sleep okay?"

Jenny: "Best sleep I've ever had"

Me: (chuckle) "How do you feel now?"

Jenny: "Great actually, took a shower... kinda hungry"

I laughed then smooshed a kiss on her cheek, couldn't resist anymore. She looked at me mischievously. "What?" I asked. Suddenly she started to tickle in my neck with her face. "Heyy.." I yelled giggling, "stop it.. Jeenn.. not now" as if she is gonna listen. Soon it turned into another playful wrestling... like always.

Jenny's pov:

*After breakfast*

(ding dong) The bell rang. We looked at each other confused. Who could be here now? 

Shaylin: "Did you order something?"

Me: "Nope"

I walked to the intercom and asked "Who's this?"

The Voice: "Jenny?"

Me: "Yes?"

The Voice: "Hey um, it's Brandon, Shaylin's cousin, do you remember me?"

Me: (surprised) "Oh heyy, yeeaah, um, wait I'll buzz you up"

He thanked me before I switched off the intercom then I looked at Shay. She scrunched down her eyebrows in confusion, I read her lips "Brandon?" 

Well I'm confused too. Brandon is the son of the aunt who raised Shaylin. What Shay told me that they used to be close and play together in their childhood then grew apart in their teenage. After her and I became bestfriends, he never really hung out with us much other than birthdays or Christmases at her aunt's.

I opened the the door, there he is, looking sharp as always. "Heyyy cuz.." Shay hugged him right away, despite everything, she got love for her family. They had a moment of union then he hugged me too. 

I'm making some cocoa, hearing Shaylin mildly scolding him for not sending us off during our move in here. 

Shaylin: "It's been so long, how did you find us?"

Brandon: "Mom gave me the address" (takes the cocoa cup from me) "thanks.."

Shaylin: "Oh yeah, how's she? We speak over phone, couldn't really visit her recently"

Brandon: "Yeah, lets get together at mom's, her birthday is coming in couple of weeks"

Shaylin: "I knooww, I was wondering what we could do, glad you're here...."

They kept talking. It always surprises me how she remembers everyone's birthday, I forget even mine. 

"So um" Brandon turned to me. "One of the reasons I'm here is to talk to you."

Me: "Oh?" (sounding confused)

Brandon: "Yeah, the thing is, me and a few buddies of mine are starting an apparel business, I was kind of hoping to launch a kickass e-com and a mobile app. I know you're in that line, so thought I should talk to you."

Shaylin: "Wow, straight to the point.."

Brandon: "Yeah" (laughs, looks at me) "you can work personally right? or does it contradict your agency's contract?"

Me: "Yeah, no, I can work freelance"

Brandon: "Great, I'll arrange a meeting soon, we'll talk there?"

Me: "Yeah yeah, sure"

I used to work freelance before I joined this company, it'll be okay I guess, plus he's Shaylin's family so I'll not deal blind. He is a good guy as far as I know.

"Mmh" He moans sipping the cocoa "It's good!"

"Right?" Shay said proudly, "Jen's special."

Brandon looked at me surprised, I shrugged saying "The only thing I'm good at" then laughed. 

"Well sis, you guys got a nice place" He said taking another sip, looking around. "Yeah, that's my room..." Shay is pointing around to show him "...and that's Jenny's, near the kitchen.." then she joked "so that she can eat everything without me" and pursed her lips.

"Wha..ah.. when have I ever did that?" I yelped in protest, we all started to laugh. "Oh right.." Brandon said "is your cocoa powder in the kitchen? I wanna see the brand, thinking to get some for myself."

"Yeah sure..." I replied happily, feels really good that people like it "I order it online but I think you can find it in the stores... the jar is right beside the sink."

He went to the kitchen to see it. I asked Shay in a low voice "Are you okay with this?"

Shaylin: "What, you guys working together? Yeah go for it if you want."

Me: "I mean, I got no problem... but you have to be there with me"

"Fiinnee you little baby" She pretends to be annoyed. Then pulled me close and said "I'll be there just to see how socially awkward you become while making a business deal" and laughed. 

"Ugh" I shook my head with an eyeroll. She laughed again, then pulled me closer into a kiss! 

"OH!..." Brandon's voice broke our kiss, startling us. Damn it, none of us considered that he could see us. He is right there with shocked eyes, holding the cocoa cup, standing like an idiot. 

Oh boy...