10) Eight of Spades [4] ✮

===Judumai Waka===

Flinching, I snatched the pot from Gabura and ran to the railing, slamming it onto the hand.

As the pot came down, the demon's other hand came up. I yelped, stumbling back and dropping the pot, which shattered into a pile of shards. Not giving up, I grabbed a shard and brought it up to slash its hands, but its hair raised into view and I immediately ducked around.

Gabura charged forward, her eyes shut, waving the hand mirror madly over the railing. I heard a shove and a surprised grunt, then the sound of a crashing footstep.

Closing my eyes, I ran, flashing my mirror. Something grabbed my forearm and I pulled back. The weight dropped alongside my arm, and I kicked, only hitting air.

The darkness I saw flashed with occasional glints of a lighter black; something was flashing.

The weight on my forearm crawled up, fighting for the mirror. The weight shifted; someone had kicked the demon.

The mirror was taken from my grip and slashed across my chest. I staggered back, briefly opening my eyes in the slight moment.

The source of the flashing became apparent; Zakū was next to the demon, eyes screwed tightly turning the lamps on and off repeatedly. The demon folded over, shrouding his eyes with his hands and heaving from the flashing brightness. It was at this time I finally noticed its appearance. The demon wore a ski mask, so it was impossible to distinguish any features. Yet, it was also wearing the headset, though the goggles were much thicker.

Closing my eyes again, I ran up, kicking the demon in the stomach and striking its side with the chair leg I still had grasped. Screaming, it charged at me, knocking all the breath out of my lungs. I tried to kick him off, but was met with a punch to the face.

"Help!" I screamed.

Another weight came on top of me, prying the demon off of me. Getting up, I was met with a scream and a shower of a liquid.

My stomach dropped.

"Who was that?" Gabura screamed.

"I don't know!" I yelled back. I opened my eyes, but the flashing still remained. From a distance, the rooftop might've seemed like a disco party. The demon got up, running towards Gabura who was pacing around aimlessly, mirror extended. The man's corpse laid in my peripheral vision.

"Gabura!" I yelled. The demon knocked into her, pushing her against the railing and wrapping his hands around her throat. The mirror dropped onto the ground in the shuffle, yet didn't shatter. I ran forward, but the demon grabbed hold of it with his foot, keeping it pressed down.

Gabura, in turn, tried to push the demon off, using the chair leg as leverage. It turned around whilst doing so, keeping me at bay.

Me and Zakū turned, and the latter had stopped flashing the light, presumably because he knew the demon had adjusted to the brightness and the flashing would no longer be blinding.

"Judumai, your glasses." Zakū said quietly. "They're a reflective object too."

I gasped, taking them off and observing the subtle glint. Hearing Gabura's choking, I didn't hesitate any further.

"Hey, demon!" I yelled, leaping forward and holding both my glasses and the mirror forward. The demon ran along the railing, hands still around Gabura, trying to cast his glance away from the glasses.

'He's scared! I just need to use this to my advantage.'

During his pace around the balustrade to the front facade of the building, Gabura had gained enough leverage to slam the chair leg into his head. He hissed, narrowly dodging the reflection as she swooped to grab the mirror he had kept below his foot, swinging it against her face. With his eyes closed, I closed in, my eyes shut too, waving my mirror against his face.