Epilogue

Adriano Calvetti

18 years later

I smile as I look at the gorgeous woman in front of me.

The beautiful emerald dress that reaches to the floor hugs her body perfectly but even more breathtaking is the silver necklace with a huge snake pendant adorned with diamonds that makes her look like a queen. But those millions she is wearing are nothing to her gorgeous smile that can hypnotize the entire world.

It's a copy of her mother's.

"You look very pretty, Valencia," I say as I admire my daughter in the mirror.

"Dad, stop it." She says, narrowing her eyes at me.

"What the hell did I do wrong now?" I ask.

God, those fucking kids. You can't do anything right.

"You are looking at me like I am gonna die in a few moments. Only because I am growing up I am not leaving you." She says as she smiles at her reflection.

"You will understand this when you have your own children... it's just..."

"Don't you dare to cry!" She says, shaking her head furiously.

"I don't know what you mean," I say, acting unknowingly while my eyes are becoming glassy.

She huffs out at my obvious lie and then we watch her reflection in the mirror in silence.

"Dad?" She says as she turns around to look at me.

"Yes?" I ask but before I can even comprehend what is happening my girl is wrapping her arms around me.

"Don't cry."

"I am not fucking crying. You are imagining things." I hiss out.

"I love you, dad." She whispers into my ear.

"I love you more, Tesoro," I whisper back.

"Adriano, get a fucking grip." I hear the woman I love most in the world saying behind me.

I pull away and roll my eyes as I glance at my amused daughter. I turn around and look at Amara who is standing in the doorway, arms crossed over her chest.

Looking as fucking beautiful as always.

God, I have the feeling she gets more gorgeous every day...

If she wasn't such a pain in my ass she would be perfect.

"I can't remember anyone asking you for your opinion." I tease her and she narrows her eyes at me playfully.

She blows me a kiss, mockingly.

I love her so fucking much.

"Ok, now get out. It's disgusting when you act like- like this. When you are like this I get remembered why I went to boarding school." She says and I let out a huff.

Yeah sure.

"Huh, how funny you are. You know you have the best fucking parents in the world and you missed them every second." I reply as I walk to Amara.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever makes you sleep at night." She yells through the door as her parents walk out.

"So disrespectful today's youth." Amara jokingly snickers as she walks down the corridor. As we round the corner I grab her arm and spin her around, pressing her against the wall.

I pin her arms over her head as I grin down at her.

"Are you ready to continue what we started this morning?"