Chapter 25- Enemy

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day today and if not, I promise you there will be better times.

Have fun reading and always remember that you are amazing and enough.

I hate this chapter.

I love you, bye.

Amara Thorne

I frown at Adriano's facial expressions before quickly turning around to see what makes him so scared.

Or who?

"Ah, there you are. I guess I have to apologize for not yet congratulating the happy couple on their engagement. I always knew that Amara needs a great man by her side and now I see that she has found him." The man who is now standing in front of me says, his Russian accent thick.

And with a stupid fucking grin on his face.

A stupid fucking disgusting grin.

On an unbelievable ugly face.

Unfortunately, his appearance is nothing against this man's soul.

If I would have to describe pure evil the first thing that would come to my mind is his name.

Nikolai Ivanov.

The reason we are all here today.

"You made a good choice, malyshka.", he adds traveling his disgusting eyes over my body in slow-motion not caring that I am aware of his stare.

No, he wants me to know it.

"I am sure he will fulfill all your needs. 100 percent sure. Right, my boy? You will take good care of her, we wouldn't want me to take over that part, would we?" he adds, letting out a deep chuckle as he wanders his gaze to Adriano.

What the fuck?!

God, I want to kill him.

Dirty piece of shit.

I look over my shoulder at Adriano, whose lips are slightly parted as he wants to say anything but his whole body is frozen.

He squeezes his hands into fists but even though he tries to hide it I can see them shaking. I then turn around looking back at Nikolai.

I mean, of course, he is scared.

Even I am a little intimated but everyone who looks at this man is.

Still, he should hide it.

I don't want to fucking die because my future husband is a goddamn baby.

"Don't worry about my needs. I am doing great." I say, flashing him a fake smile.

"And now, excuse us, we still have to talk to many other guests but maybe we will have another conversation later this evening. It was a pleasure to see you again, Mr. Ivanov." I add, hooking my arm in Adriano's.

he hardly moves, as if he were frozen, but I give Nikolai a fake smile and pull Adriano away.

God, what the hell is wrong with him?

Doesn't he understand that all I am doing here is trying to keep me alive?

Us alive?

Why does he have to make everything so hard? He was the one that suggested for us to at least try to not want to kill each other whenever we see each other and now he is the one that complicates everything.

"Adriano, stop whatever charade you are putting on here. It's not funny. I get it, ok? But do you think I want to be here? Definitely not, so pull yourself together and fucking act." I whisper-yell at Adriano as we push ourselves through the crowd.