Chapter 4- Arrangement

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day and if not I promise you there will be better times.

I really really hate this chapter but it is very important for the story sooo...

Have fun reading!

Love you, bye.

Amara Thorne

Hot water mixed with the dried blood runs down my body as I try to sort the thoughts in my head.

Why are they here?

Why is he here?

Before the alliance existed, the two families were already close. We supported the Sicilian Mafia and they helped us. We met again and again to strengthen the connection and to make sure that no war is started. When the alliance was made, it continued like this, and we got stronger together. However, as Adriano and I got older the risk was too high that we would endanger this coalition, so we all decided to meet only once a year. This decision was made four years ago, and only once this deal was broken and I am reminded of this 16th birthday every time I look in the mirror and see the scar on my thigh.

It must be urgent when our parents take this risk again, so soon after our last meeting.

I get out of the shower and wrap a towel around myself. After I have dried my hair, I put on the outfit that I prepared before I cleaned myself up. It consists of black tight jeans, a beautiful lace top and a suit jacket, which sleeves I roll up a little bit. I combine this one-colored outfit with red high heels and this time I tie my favorite dagger around my thigh instead of the gun. I cannot remember meeting the Calvettis when I did not put it on, and I love rituals and traditions.

I put some make up on and round off this look with red lipstick. I am already a few minutes too late when I walk out of my room and into the corridor, but if they want to meet with me then we will do this when I have time.

I strut down the marble stairs and when I get downstairs, a man who works for the family comes up to me. He greets me and tells me that my parents and the Calvettis are waiting in the living room.

I am a little bit nervous when we are heading to the room, where my family and the guests are because I have a really bad feeling about this whole spontaneous meeting.

My gut is always right.

The man opens the door for me, and I walk into the room.

My parents and Adriano's are sitting on the black leather couch and Adriano is sitting on the armchair that goes with it. He is wearing a black suit and his tattooed hand holds a glass of scotch.

He looks up when he notices me, and his grip becomes tighter. Adriano looks even angrier than the last time we saw each other, and I don't understand him, he provoked me, not the other way around.

When the door closes behind me, the others notice me too, and my father shows me that I should sit down with them. The mood is very tense and the only person who looks happy is Adriano's mother, who greets me warmly as always.

I take the seat next to my father and I don't want to waste time, so I ask the most important question at the moment:" Why do we have this meeting?"

It is quiet for a moment and no one says anything. I give my father a confused expression and then I travel my gaze to Adriano, but he looks just as confused as I do.

He does not know it either?!

"What's going on?", he asks, demanding an answer, looking at his father angrily.