Old friends and new

Start from the beginning

Choji followed shortly after, making small huffs as he dodged furniture as if it were made of poison.

Shikamaru pretended not to notice the eyes of his father on the back of his head.

He slipped his shoes on quickly and he made it out of his house, unscathed for the most part. But his father... Why did he have to be so smart?

Ino looked at Shikamaru with a frown, "Your mom said you hadn't gotten up once the entire day... we thought you were just being extra lazy." Ino's frown deepened as she received a mere nod from Shikamaru. "Your Mom and Dad started getting super worried when you wouldn't wake up." Choji finally added.

Shikamaru frowned at the statement, "How long were they trying to wake me up for?" Ino huffed as she replied, she looked down dodging a couple stray rocks before looking back up, "They were at it for like 10 minutes, but Shikaku-san knows something we don't." Choji shook his head, "Like he always does."

Choji turned his head looking at Shikamaru, "He said something about your chakra, but I couldn't make out anything else." Shikamaru sighed, he was stupid to think his father wouldn't notice.

"Believe it or not I was actually trying to get the hang of the shadow possession Jutsu." Ino stopped where she was her mouth agape, "you, Shikamaru, the laziest person I know, was training?" Shikamaru huffed, "That's why I said 'Believe it or not'."

"But knowing my dad, he either won't believe me, or start making me train my chakra, so don't tell him unless he forces you." Shikamaru sighed as he put his arms behind his head. Ino frowned, the idea of lying to an adult bothered her, but she nodded regardless.

While he trusts Choji, he wouldn't be shocked if bribery ended up making him talk.

He doesn't think his father will go and ask his friends about it, but if things like chakra exhaustion continue to happen he just might.

It's better to start some sort of alibi sooner rather than later.

Ino pointed to the park, "We could hang out over there. Some flowers are starting to bloom." Choji shrugged not minding the idea, and Shikamaru didn't even get the time to voice his opinion. Not that he would have said no anyway.

Shikamarus eyes widened as he saw a familiar blonde on a swing.

Ino looked at Shikamaru and back to Naruto, "My mom says not to bother him." She quipped before heading over to the freshly bloomed flowers.

"Ah, he saw me training the other day... I've got to tell him not to tell my dad anything." Shikamaru said as he turned towards Choji. He nodded understanding that Shikamaru was serious about this.

"Okay, hurry up so we can play rock paper scissors or something." Choji replied, in reality, he probably just wants enough time to finish his freshly opened bag of chips.

Shikamaru nodded regardless.

Naruto turned as he heard footsteps approach his direction, his eyes widened as he saw Shikamaru.

"Future right?" Naruto asked before hopping off the swing. Shikamaru nodded, "Yea." Despite walking the few feet it was, he sounded out of breath." Naruto furrowed his eyebrows, "Y'good?" Shikamaru sighed as his shoulders drooped.