Unit B: Subsection 22

Ever since his painting somehow in some way took off, Louis has been working more. Not only as a must, but also because he has the motivation for it. He's not one to ignore or not acknowledge the demand. People liked what he was creating and he liked the process of creating, so it all works out, right?

He doesn't take the whole situation very seriously until, a couple weeks later he gets off a phone call and it hits him. He's having his own art exhibition. In a gallery. A gallery full of his art pieces. A place for people to admire and enjoy his work and –if anyone feels up to it- buy it.

Louis never thought he'd see the day his creations would be considered remarkable, but he's not surprised considering he didn't think he'd even be one to make it this far in the first place.

He's happy with himself and he's happy with where he is.

All good things come up with an art exhibition but the responsibilities aren't excluded.

He needs to organize the place, choose paintings, date and time, send out invitations.

Send out invitations.

Louis is allowed to invite people. He can send letters and let people accept or decline.

It'd most likely be wiser to do this using emails, but Louis likes the 'old-fashioned' way. Resembles wedding invitations, he thinks.

Once he's done with listing people close to him to invite, he pauses. He doesn't know a lot of people outside family and close friend circles. Who is he supposed to invite?

He decides to let his acquaintances bring plus ones and spread the word.

Louis mentally facepalms himself when Liam brings out the suggestion, "Why don't you invite regular buyers?"

One thing led to another and he's come to the position of writing Niall's name and information under the list of people he's inviting.

He's not sure if all the people listed will come or will be willing to come and attend and he's even less sure about Niall showing up, considering he's a "known" person, too (if one could call him that).

Liam opens Louis' fridge on a mission to find something to snack on as they're getting work done.

"I don't think I've stared into an emptier fridge," Liam comments and Louis scoffs. "Haven't you heard of grocery shopping? How are you surviving? Are you drinking paint water?" Liam jokes.

"Paint water is not that bad, I don't get why we shame artists for trying it out. It's surely tempting."

"Uh... what?" is all escaping Liam's mouth.

"People's mouths have gone to wilder places than a glass of water paint, what's so bad about it," Louis continues his –not so called for- rant.

"This is the face of a person in shock," Liam points out to his facial expression. "I don't care what your inner artist says, I'm getting your ass to a supermarket."

"Alright, daddy," Louis joked and chuckled afterwards. Liam just sent him a sharp look, making Louis hold back the rest of the chuckle.

* * *

Louis lost Liam among the supermarket aisles within minutes of being inside the building. He didn't even bother trying to find him and he just wandered around. Liam was the one that wanted to do grocery-shopping anyway, he should do all the work, Louis thinks and smirks.

He finds himself staring at the rest of the people, looking at what they're buying, listening to bits of their conversations. It's this way that he's lucky enough to eavesdrop a young brunet man around his age. He's talking with some other lad, perhaps his friend. The second person leaves and the man goes back to his shopping.