Unit B: Subsection 19

Clarification For Subsection 19: I am no doctor. Those aren't medical facts, or at least I don't know if they are. This is fiction, no idea if this is possible in real life.

-

"Louis?"

Louis blinked repeatedly, trying to un-blurry his eyesight. The person called out for him again.

He turned his head to the side, his breathing pattern heavy and was met with Liam sitting next to his bed, a heart monitor casually resting next to him. When did that get here?

"Stay as you are, it's all good. I'm just going to get someone, alright?" Liam spoke in the softest most relaxing tone.

Louis wasn't sure what caused such behavior, but he didn't mind. He brushed it off.

"Can you get Harry?" Louis asked before Liam exited the room.

Liam stopped in his tracks and looked at Louis, "Sure."

Louis didn't pinpoint the doubt in Liam's voice and just went with it. He was surprisingly cheerful? Relaxed?

He still had no idea why there's a heart monitor. And why Liam wants to 'get someone'. Wasn't he supposed to be fighting with him and Zayn?

Liam came back with a middle aged man. The man wore plain white he was asking Louis a few 'basic' questions, how he feels, what's his name and more.

He eventually found out he's in a hospital, but that didn't freak him out one bit. His visits there have always been frequent and Liam worries a lot. He probably carried Louis here after he passed out on his bedroom floor.

When the doctor left, Liam started talking to Louis telling him all about how worried he was and how much he loves him. He needs to slow down, it wasn't like Louis was dying or something.

"Yeah, yeah, that's great. Where's him?" Louis asked impatiently.

"Who?" Liam replied with a question himself.

"Harry. I told you to get him 'ere, you obviously didn't listen," a small chuckle escaped his lips.

"Who?" Liam repeated after a moment of silence.

"C'mon, Li, me boyfriend. Harry. We've gone to his gigs and stuff. We're even soulmates, hence the sketches," Louis was never tired of telling people about it. He would brag about his boyfriend forever if someone just let him.

"As far as I know the last person you've dated is Zayn."

"Yeah, nice joke. Just get Harry, alright?" Louis exhaled frustrated. He wanted to see his boyfriend, he wasn't asking for something over the line.

Liam was in a bit of panic of his own. "Louis, there's no easy way to tell you that I believe, but I've no idea who Harry is."

Louis glared at him, "Seriously, mate, you're driving me over the edge here. Enough with the jokes."

"I'm not joking," Liam stated. Okay, this was confusing and worrying.

"What do you mean you're not joking? Harry and I are soulmates, we're dating, you know that. Everyone does. We were at his gig the other day?"

"What day?" Liam's heart was racing.

"Like Saturday? I don't know, man, you were there. Don't play me."

"Will you excuse me for a second?" Liam asked and walked to the door, poking his head out to call for someone and returned to his previous spot. "You were saying?"

"And you and Zayn. Caught me off guard, but I must've overreacted a little. I hope everything's alright between us. How is he? How's Zayn?"

"Uh... still in rehab, I visited him the other day."