50

Ronin Bridgemond
I laid in that hospital bed, unable to move, but surprisingly, I could hear everything and feel everything.

From my previous kind of business, this gunshot is nothing. I've been through hell and back during those days.

Oooohhh. Those days. They were a blast. I loved the thrill of running from the cops, embedding fear into my enemies, fighting with my brothers. It was fun. But I left all of that behind me once I met Wade. He's made me the person I am today. He's taught me a lot of things.

Fear was never known to me, but for once, in many years, I do fear something. Losing him. I fear losing him at the cost of a world he doesn't know.

As I laid in the hospital bed, I could feel Wade's and December's hand on mine, patting and rubbing it. I could hear Wade crying, and December talking.

Minutes later, they had left, but I heard someone come back in. They sat down next to my bed, wrapping my hand in theirs. It was Wade. I felt my hand become cold with his tears as he laid his head on my hand. Whispered that he was sorry, that everything was because of him.

I tried to wake up and tell him otherwise. I tried to wiggle my finger, and could tell Wade noticed. And left the room, but came back minutes later. Since I couldn't open my eyes, I didn't entirely what was going on.
_
Hours later, it's late at night. I was sleeping, but then felt an itch in my head and wanted to scratch it so badly to the point where it got so itchy I jolted away, fully able to move.

I was relieved to scratch away that itch, but a little weirded out at the fact that my body wanted to scratch that itch so bad that it just had to give me a boost of adrenaline.

I look over to the couch by the windows and see Wade and December sleeping on the couch. His stomach was humongous now. Well, I mean, it is towards his due date. Probably about another month or so.

I decided not to wake them.

All of a sudden, Wade jolted awake.

"Is everything okay?" I asked concerned. Wade set his hand over his stomach.

"Yeah, the baby just kicked me. That's all." He smiled. But the smile faded and it turned into a confused look. "You're up now?" He asked. And I smiled.

"Nope. I'm still sleeping." He both quietly laughed. Wade sat down in the bed beside me and stroked my cheek with his thumb.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He said. I patted his head.
"I'm glad that you're okay."

We look over to the couch to see December sleepily rubbing her eyes, and when her adorable little orbs could process what was going on they grew ten times bigger, a smile growing on her face.

"RONIN!!!!" She yelled in excitement. She hopped up on to the bed and locked me in the hardest hug she's given me yet.

"You're okay?" She asked.

"Yup. Good as new. I just need a little time to heal and it'll be as if it never even happened." She giggled as I rubbed her head.
_
December had fallen back asleep again on the couch, and Wade stared out the window at the city that was illuminated by lights of all kinds.

The hospital room was silent, and I felt that since this happened, I should tell him. About my past, that is. And whatever the outcome may be, I will accept it because I love him, and want the best for him, and so, if it's better for him to get away from me, then so be it."

"Um, babe?" I called. Wade turned from the window towards me. "Could you come here for a second? I need to talk to you." He walked over to me and sat down in the chair.

"What is it?" I sighed.

"You know how I'm a CEO, right?" He nodded. "Well, before I met you, I was a CEO by day, and a mafia boss at night." His expression didn't change, which surprised me, but I decided to keep going.

"I don't do it anymore. Not after I met you. I decided that since you were coming into my life, I'd drop the whole mafia thing and just be a CEO. I didn't want you to feel unsafe around me. Now, it was fun. I enjoyed fighting with all my sworn brothers, but as I've said, i dropped it all for you." A moment of silence fill the air.

Wade smiled.

"I knew all of this already." It was like my brain was lagging.

"What?"

"I knew all of this already. While you were unconscious, I was stressing everything, thinking you weren't gonna wake up, and that's when Lev told me about your mafia business. He told me you've been through worse situations, so this is nothing. And plus, I've known since a few months ago. You can't hide papers really well. I found those papers under our bed in a box while looking for my pen."

I laughed.

"Well why didn't you say anything?" I asked.

"Because, I knew you had your reasons. And honestly, I don't mind. The mafia is a dangerous place, but you're used to it. You can handle everything that comes your way. So if you want to start again, go ahead because I support you."

I stared into his eyes. Those beautiful, glistening eyes. Even though it hurts, I still sat up and kissed Wade's lips softly then laid back down.

"I'm so grateful for you." I said in a low voice and I stroked his cheek with my thumb.

"I could say the same thing." He giggled.

"I love you." I whispered.

Wade leaned in closer and whispered back.

"I love you more though."