3

Ronin Bridgemond

"Sir, here are the charts you asked for." My assistant, Kally, said.

I took the papers from her and peeled back a paper, then put it back.

"Thank you, you can leave now." When Kally walked out, I sighed. Today, I have to go into another city just for a meeting. I hated hassles like this, but, in order to keep my company going I need to do this.

I brought my wrist up to my face, checking the time. Lunch time. I took out the food Kally brought me and ate in peace.

Afterwards I went right back go work, typing, sorting, posting, whatever. Everything I didn't want to do. It was the same process for two more hours until a knock came to my office door.

"Come in." I called. Kally opened the door.

"Mr. Bridgemond, it's time to go. I nodded and packed up my stuff, leaving the office.

As Kally drove me through the city, I looked out the windows, with one of my bodyguards beside me, admiring the scenery. Who knew a normal kind of city could look like this?

Then, a cafe caught my eye.

"Kally, we're going to that cafe after the meeting." I said. She nodded and continued driving.

When we arrived at our destination, a man in a suit opened my car door for me, and I was greeted by another man. The man I was supposed to be discussing business with.

He put on that fake smile and gave me a fake laugh.

"Welcome, Mr. Bridgemond. It's very wonderful to have you here." he said, leading me to a meeting room.

"Yeah, same." I replied blankly. I sat down in one of the chairs in the meeting room, and we got down to business.

The meeting was long, boring, and just down right stupid. This guy's method of working is like an amateur's. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Mr. Blackwell, thank you for this very, um, stupid presentation. It was not something I would come miles for, and it is definitely not something worth my time. Now, if you will excuse me." I sat up and left immediately, Kally behind me.

"Kally, take me to that cafe I wanted to go to earlier." I rubbed my temples, sighing at the man's stupidity.

Kally did just what I asked. My bodyguard followed me into the cafe, and when I opened the door, I crashed into someone, drinks splattering everywhere on my suit.

I was furious.

But when the boy looked up at me, my anger faded.

His pale skin, colored red in some spots, his hazel brown eyes, his adorable pinkish lips, his freckled face, his curly, ear length, dark brown hair. He was perfect. In every way.

I caught him staring up at me, telling me all I needed to know through those bright eyes of his.

I smirked a little.

"Oh! I'm so so so sorry!" he cried. He got up to run , but I stopped him.

"It's okay. No need to panic. I have another one in my car." I told him, and I saw his shoulders relax more. But he was still tense, so I decided to chat with him.

Once we say down at the table in the back corner, I began to chat with him.

"I've heard from some people that this cafe isn't just a cafe. What do they mean?" I asked. I was amused at how fidgety the boy was.

"In the day time, it's a cafe, at night, it's a club. From twelve P.M to seven P.M it's a cafe. Then club hours start at ten P.M and end at seven A.M." the boy replied. I leaned back in my seat.