45

Wade Reeves
Everything seemed to happen in slow motion.

Ronin fell to the ground, his bodyguards came rushing down the stairs, Olivia dropped the gun and ran up the stairs.

I just couldn't believe what just happened. Tears slowly streamed down my face. I dropped down to my knees, holding his body. My stomach turned, my heart aching, and before I knew it, I couldn't stop the tears, no could I stop my loud cries. Lev and a few of the bodyguards began to close in to take a look at Ronin, but I didn't want anyone near him at the moment.

"BACK THE FUCK AWAY!" I yelled. "IF YOU HAVE ENOUGH TOME TO STARE AT HIM DYING, CALL A GODDAMN AMBULANCE, YOU FUCKING PIECES OF SHIT! I DON'T GIVE A ONE DAMN HOW WORRIED YOU GUYS ARE. SO TAKE YOUR WORRIED ASSES TO A GODDAMN FUCKING PHONE AND CALL A FUCKING GODDAMN AMBULANCE!" They all just stared at me, frozen in place.

"DON'T FUCKING MAKE ME REPEAT MYSELF! GO. TO. A GODDAMN PHONE, AND CALL THE. FUCKING. AMBULANCE! HE IS LAYING HERE, FUCKING DYING, AND YOU ALL ARE DOING NOTHING. MOVE YOUR ASSES AND DO SOMETHING BEFORE I TAKE MATTERS INTO MY OWN HANDS." The bodyguard immediately dragged out their phone and dialed the ambulances.

I laid Ronin on my lap, gripping his hand, mumbling under my breath for him to stay alive. When they hung up their phones, it became noisy, and that pissed me off. Right now, I'm pregnant, and on top of that, I'm on the brink of losing someone I love, and I really wasn't in the mood for chatter and noise.

"How about the rest of you just wait upstairs for the ambulance." They knew I wasn't asking, that I was telling, and so they did as I said and went upstairs.

Finally, some quiet and piece of mind.

As I looked at Robin's motionless body, I began to cry even more, thinking about the possibility that he's already dead, or the fact that when he gets to the hospital, it'll be too late.
_
Ivan came running down the stairs, telling me that the ambulance was here.

I don't know how much time has gone by since there were many thoughts crowding and flooding my mind. The ambulance came down shortly after Ivan did and put Ronin on a stretcher. Then they took him back up and put him into the back of the van. They let me ride with him, and the whole way, I held onto his hand, just in case there was a sign that he was alive. Like if his fingers twitched, or if he gripped my hand.

Just any sign.

I was exhausted and stressed out, crying, shaking.

And when we arrived at the hospital, they made me separate from Ronin. They told me that I'd have to be in a separate room to get checked.

"No," I said firmly. "I'm not leaving him. I can't." The doctor walked closer to me.

"Please, sir, you have to." I didn't let go. There was much more struggle, then all of a sudden, I felt something prick me, and I felt drowsy.

The next minute, I blacked out.