21

Hunter Forts
The guy that dug up information about Wade and the little girl came back to me. Olivia was out grocery shopping, so right now was a good time to hear it.

He set two folders on the table.

"This is all of his personal information and hers." I picked one up and looked through it. It was the little girl's.

December Reeves. Looking at the 'guardian' I saw that I wasn't on there, and that made me mad. I set that folder down and picked up Wade's. Everything on his was normal. I sat back on the couch and sighed.

"Since I kept my promise, I'll send you the money." I said. "You can leave." The guy opened the door and left. I rubbed my face in my hands.

I'm planning on going to see Wade soon.

Wade Reeves
I got shivers down my spine just now, and I don't think it's because I'm cold.

I'm sitting on my bed, my back on the backboard, with December cuddled in my lap. I patted her head, looking at the time. I was thinking about waking her up, but then decided to let her sleep. I don't know how, but I fell asleep just like that.

The next morning, I got up early to make up breakfast. While I was setting the food onto the table, a knock came to our door. I dusted my hands off on my apron and began walking to the door, expecting Ronin.

But sadly and horribly, it wasn't.

"Well," I said. "If it isn't the cheating bastard." I crossed my arms.

"Come on, Wade, don't be like that. It's been four years. Maybe we could come to good terms." I scoffed.

"Come to good terms with someone who broke my heart and decided to cheat on me when I loved you so much. And I was carrying your child at that." I was infuriated. "Good thing you're not her father, nor would I ever forgive you." I heard footsteps from behind me.

"Mommy?" December asked. Rubbing her eyes. "Is everything okay?" I glared at Hunter and shut the door, walking to December.

"Go sit down at the table and wait for mommy, okay?" She nodded and sat down. I opened the door back up, but walked out and shut it behind me.

"Will you hear me out?" He asked. I didn't say a word and just rolled my eyes. "Look, I know what I did was wrong, and I regret all of it. I shouldn't have cheated, and if I felt like I didn't feel loved or something was wrong I should have talked to you about it. I just want to say I'm sorry. We don't have to date again or anything, but could we at least be on good terms?"

I shook my head.

"First of all, no, we can't. You're still with her, you betrayed my trust, shattered my heart, and made my life hard. You knew from the start that I had nobody to help me, and that you were the only one, but you decided that you didn't care and just did your own thing. For four years, I had to take care of a child, balancing college and my job. I ended up dropping out of college, even before this, I was by myself in the hospital, pushing a child out without any support. So do you know what I had to go through just because of your mistake? And you think I'd forgive you? Not in a million years, no. Even if I was going to hell for this, no. So don't ask again."

"Could you at least let me see my daughter before I leave?" This made me even more angry.

"Daughter? Who is your daughter? As far as I know, your daughter isn't here. Because if you're talking about that child in there, she's mine, and only mine. You didn't raise her. You didn't even know she existed until just a month ago. So don't try me and watch what comes out of your mouth because one wrong word and you will never see that tongue again." I angrily opened my apartment door and slammed it right in his face.

"Are you angry mama?" December asked.

"I'm not angry Ember, I'm just a little upset. That's all." I gave her a reassuring smile and patted her head. I sat down at the table and began eating with her.

Olivia Brown
"He went and visited the Reeves today." He told me. This made me mad. Why is he going there? He has no business there in the first place.

"What happened?" I asked.

"He asked for forgiveness and asked to see his daughter, but Wade had rejected both requests." I hummed, nodding.

"You can go." I told him. He will have to pay the price sooner or later.