17 - it's official

Start from the beginning

I bite my bottom lip to actively restrain myself from laughing out loud right then and there.

Does she actually think that's gonna work?

Bakugou echoes my thoughts when he recoils from her touch and grimaces, "Do you actually think I'll say yes to that disgusting offer?"

Her arrogance ebbs away and she looks absolutely astounded at the fact that she's been rejected. As if this is the first time it's ever happened to her. Then, for the first time since we sat down, she makes eye contact with me.

Does she expect me to do something?

After the crap she just pulled?

Thoroughly repulsed by her shamelessness, I blankly say, "He asked you a question."

Her eyes widen briefly before becoming as cold and hard as a frozen abyss. I don't even stop myself from smiling smugly at her.

She brings her hands down to her lap (where they belong) and mutters out a pathetic apology to Bakugou.

Once she finishes, Bakugou and I turn to face each other and somehow, we end up smirking at one another - our smugness practically radiating throughout the room.

We turn back to Yoko and she hastily pushes some papers at us for us to sign.

Not wanting to let her get off that easy, I tease her a bit more, "Someone's in a hurry . . ."

She glances up at me, her eyes glistening with something I can't identify, "No, not at all, I'm just finished . . . with all the paperwork."

I nod my head, "Oh good, I thought you were leaving because of us. Silly me."

Bakugou drapes his arm on the back of my seat and addresses me instead of the frozen Yoko across us, "Better to be silly than straight-up brainless."

Yoko stays quiet and cowardly looks down at her lap. 

Well, that was fun.

Bakugou and I end our little charade and sign the papers. Yoko then hands me a copy of a sheet that says "Bakugou Katsuki and Sato (Y/n) are the official guardians for Kaito Masaki." I hand Bakugou the flimsy piece of paper and he makes some sort of grunt of approval.

I take it back from him and show Kaito instead, "It's official!"

He jumps up from the sofa, nearly dropping my phone in the process, and runs over to us, "Oh my gosh! It is!"

Kaito holds the paper up to the light, probably looking for some secret treasure map or something, and in the corner of my eye, I see Yoko throw all of her things in a professional-looking satchel. She tries to sneak out of the room unnoticed but me being me, I call after her, "Have a good day, Yoko-chan . . . oh, and if you really need to blow off some steam, might I suggest Endeavor . . . I'm pretty sure he knows all about heat."

I give her a sickeningly-sweet smile and she scampers out the room without so much as a goodbye.

Rude.

Bakugou chuckles beside me, "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were jealous."

I scoff, "You're right - you don't know better."

He rolls his eyes, "Sure, buddy."

That wasn't jealousy. Why would I be jealous? I have no reason to be jealous. No reason at all . . . 

I ignore my thoughts and focus on Kaito instead (who's still looking at the paper like it's a golden ticket) and say, "Pretty cool, huh?"

He nods back emphatically and is about to say something else when Bakugou pats his head, "Looks like you're stuck with us now, kid."