Chapter 22- Unexpected

Start from the beginning

"Oh how many clubs are there?" I asked

"There's a lot. I'll show you the board of application when we get to school."

As we got closer to the school we passed the convention store. My body shivered as we drove past where I was almost hit.

"It won't happen again. Something like that will never happen again I swear by it." Micheal promised with a tight grip on the steering wheel. I turned to Micheal and smiled lightly.

It feels nice. Having people care about me and not being fake about it.

We drove into the packed school parking lot and parked into the slots that people leave just for my brothers. Even though people are looking for spots no one ever dares to park in the empty spots that are for my brothers.

I got out of the car and Noah showed me the bulletin board outside the school filled with different flyers to join a club.

"These are all the clubs you'll probably find some around the school but most of them are here." Noah explained.

"Just have a look and then go to the classroom mentioned on the flyer after school and they'll give you a form to fill." Noah said. I nodded and he left to attend his class.

As I was looking I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey Izzy!" I stopped and prepared myself for Sofia's body which launched onto me making me stumble back.

Ever since we became friends this is her way of saying good morning to me in the morning.

"One of these days you're going to make me break my back." I told her picking her off me.

"Oh please don't be so dramatic, it's just my way of showing love." I shook my head and walked toward the school building entrance.

"Hey you wanna hang out one day?" Sofia asked. I thought about it.

"I don't know, maybe." Just as I said that someone bumped into me with full force.

"Woah! Are you okay?" I looked at the girl who seemed to be in a rush.

"Oh my god! I have been looking everywhere for you!" My face contorted in question.

"Am I supposed to know you?" I asked.

She smiled showing off her pearly white teeth.

"I guess not but I have something for you!" She grinned and shoved a piece of paper in my hand running away with speed.

"YOU HAVE TO COME AND BRING WHOEVER YOU WANT!!!" She screamed on the top of her longs and randomly handed out the paper to other people.

"Uh— well, wasn't that random." Sofia says.

"Yeah." I glanced at the paper in my hand and read it.

"A party?" It was an invitation to a party happening on the weekend which was two days away.

"Are you going to go?" Sofia asked.

"I don't know, maybe it will be fun." She gave me a deadpan look.

"Fun?" I nodded with a sheepish look.